New All Grain Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brwmistr

Reaction score
Hello Experienced Team,
I have brewed beers and Wine when I was young with my Father and I'm now getting back into it years later on my own. The best thing is this Forum where we can help each other out. Back in the day we had to keep logs on paper and adjust the recipe as we tried it out. Much waste, not good. I have to date brewed 3 extracts, English Bitter, European Lager, Blonde Lager. I also have a Shiraz un-oated aging and a Ancient Mead aging as well. I would like to get into a all grain so I tried a small batch. I toasted my own 900gram Pearl Barley and added 500gram of dry Medium Malt and 300grams or Dextrose which gave me a OG of 1.024. To date its at 1.005 and I will be bottling this weekend. Not too sure if this is going to work as it's my first all grain recipe but I will also try a chocolate stout recipe I found on the web soon.

Back