New acronym?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drathbone

Reaction score
I've recently come across FIL in a couple of threads. I couldn't find out what it meant :(

***warning*** it's been a really bad week and it's only tuesday. <- moody

The OP asked a simple question and everyone on here wants to be a comedian and provide a bunch of worthless crap, maybe you could answer the question and then provide your alternate take on the meaning for $h!ts and giggles.

I'm going to have a beer! (no offense to anyone, just ranting...)

The OP asked a simple question and everyone on here wants to be a comedian and provide a bunch of worthless crap, maybe you could answer the question and then provide your alternate take on the meaning for $h!ts and giggles.

I see you are new around here....

Don't be silly, these guys are all wrong. This is a beer forum, it's obviously Freshly Infused Lambic...father in law? psshh, what's this guy smoking.

I see you are new around here....

Join Date Oct 2008 > Dec 2010 - not quite sure what you mean? I didn't even single you out.

Your 2000+ posts mean nothing to me if all of them fall under the level of quality as demonstrated in this thread.

I get it's fun to joke around and have fun, i love jokes in fact I laughed at more than a couple of the FIL explanations in this thread.

I also know there are probably numerous inner circle of friends here within this community where i'd expect to see this type of action.

Like I said it's been a bad week and i'm mostly ranting, it just gets old seeing a bunch of posts that come nowhere close to answering the OP's initial question. It'd be like me posting on your thread you started yesterday about your fermentation showing no signs of activity after 4 days - and saying "sucks to be you..." It adds no value, i don't know you, so you wouldn't get my level of sarcasm and would just be a waste of yours, mine, and everyone else's who had to read it.

In 2 more hours and a couple more homebrews I'll come back and apologize for coming across as a D!*K

Fleece, Indigent, Lamenters!

Join Date Oct 2008 > Dec 2010 - not quite sure what you mean? I didn't even single you out.

Your 2000+ posts mean nothing to me if all of them fall under the level of quality as demonstrated in this thread.

I get it's fun to joke around and have fun, i love jokes in fact I laughed at more than a couple of the FIL explanations in this thread.

I also know there are probably numerous inner circle of friends here within this community where i'd expect to see this type of action.

Like I said it's been a bad week and i'm mostly ranting, it just gets old seeing a bunch of posts that come nowhere close to answering the OP's initial question. It'd be like me posting on your thread you started yesterday about your fermentation showing no signs of activity after 4 days - and saying "sucks to be you..." It adds no value, i don't know you, so you wouldn't get my level of sarcasm and would just be a waste of yours, mine, and everyone else's who had to read it.

In 2 more hours and a couple more homebrews I'll come back and apologize for coming across as a D!*K

Of course instead of continuing to rant about your bad mood, you COULD understand the culture around here, and the good natured spirit in which we do this, and maybe edit your post and play along... :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to hit an edit button....

Whenever I've ever not known an internet acronym or bit of slang, I've always just gone to google or searched whatever forum I was on....there's plenty of online slang dictionaries...

Don't be silly, these guys are all wrong. This is a beer forum, it's obviously Freshly Infused Lambic...father in law? psshh, what's this guy smoking.

Screw it, it's off my chest, i've ranted, i'm done.

This was just to funny to ignore! BLHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAAHAHA

speaking of acronyms, Revvy, what's the acronym on your avatar? Clicking it doesn't give me a larger version. . . which is a cryin shame!

Of course instead of continuing to rant about your bad mood, you COULD understand the culture around here, and the good natured spirit in which we do this, and maybe edit your post and play along... :rolleyes:

It doesn't take much to hit an edit button....

Whenever I've ever not known an internet acronym or bit of slang, I've always just gone to google or searched whatever forum I was on....there's plenty of online slang dictionaries...

This is true but then i'd have to come up with some good reason for my edit and I just can't admit I'm being stupid and shoulda "Fell In Line" like the rest :mug:

Did you hear that because they don't want to offend the Chinese government, they are photoshopping the entire new version to make it Korea who's the enemy?

Yes; and I will protest seeing it because of that. A Chinese-backed invasion is scary. A North Korean-backed invasion? Not so much...

fart infused liquor

Fart Inducing Lager....

(Anyone remember Goebel's in the 80's? It was the only bottle conditioned American Lager, and it was known for causing all manner of toots and whisles. I remember being at a college radio conference in Chicago in like 86 and a bunch of us, after consuming quite a lot of it, were in a LOOOONG elevator ride to the top of the John Hancock building. Phew. I pity those pasasengers who weren't with our group. ;))

Did you hear that because they don't want to offend the Chinese government, they are photoshopping the entire new version to make it Korea who's the enemy?

In that case is it also being renamed "Red, White & Blue Dawn"... but now it's just confusing everyone ;)

Fart Inducing Lager....

(Anyone remember Goebel's in the 80's? It was the only bottle conditioned American Lager, and it was known for causing all manner of toots and whisles. I remember being at a college radio conference in Chicago in like 86 and a bunch of us, after consuming quite a lot of it, were in a LOOOONG elevator ride to the top of the John Hancock building. Phew. I pity those pasasengers who weren't with our group. ;))

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6497398352256013251#

I do remember the Goebel, and the results... Found this video. made me laugh.

Feline Inductive Lasers

images

Back