Never Ever Again__more Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wednesday night I received my order from Midwest and they made a mistake on my order. I wanted to try Saniclean and they shipped me Starsan instead. I called them the next day and they apologized and said they would ship me the replacement that day. In two days I had my Saniclean and a note inside the box that said "Keep the StarSan it was our mistake not yours" Thats why I like shopping there great customer service.

I am happy with all vendors I have ordered from including B3, they have messed up twice for me, once they sent me promash instead of beersmith which they were happy to fix immediately, the other time they sent me 3lbs of special B instead of 1lb, I liked that messup.

And Shooter,

I think it's pretty well established that Mother Teresa was an avid morebeer shopper. She was a strong homebrewer and she feed the needy with beer. I'm rather sure this is fact.

If ur gonna call bull**** post a link to prove it! :p

Godwin's Law. Close the thread down.

Oh snap, epic pawnage! ;)

mod edit at the end of this thread

WRONG!! MoreBeer has been more than reliable for me, I've been brewing for a while now and Jon Plise, Mike, and Richard have been more than helpful. Im sorry you had a bad phone call but that shouldnt distract you from great service and product at great prices and NO I dont work there or am I in no affiliation with them. They do what they can and do a great job at it.

WRONG!! MoreBeer has been more than reliable for me, I've been brewing for a while now and Jon Plise, Mike, and Richard have been more than helpful. Im sorry you had a bad phone call but that shouldnt distract you from great service and product at great prices and NO I dont work there or am I in no affiliation with them. They do what they can and do a great job at it.
SO SUCK IT!

wow. nice first post....

"so suck it!" -----:drunk: wow; wow....

B3 does a metric asston of business. Should we forgive the relatively small number of missteps, or is understanding reserved for certain vendors only?

Well we are talking about stuff not being in stock or left out of orders . Not something broken in transit which is really not the shippers fault.

Like I said I have never had a bad experience with B3 but I am tired of the out of stock issue. Their customer service was very good and communication was also good . Just that every time I order something is out of stock and their website does not show it as such. Granted you can run out of stock on a sale item before the website is updated . But common 5/16 beer line you would think that when you get down to the last half a roll its time to reorder.

Hey guys - I just now saw this thread, and I'm not sure of what to say first, or if it will help matters any. But I'll try.

to the OP - i cannot explain how sorry I am that you got the service you did over the phone. There is no excuse for that, nor is that something we are ok with as a company. Kyle is a great employee and makes some great beer. Of course that doesn't make the issue resolved.

inventory - one thing I am doing as the MoreBeer brand manager is to review the items that are on back order each day, so make sure that 1 - they are on order, and 2 - that we are indeed out of stock. Sometimes we do put things on back order online that we have stock on, and this is to prevent more orders for a product than we have in stock, which was a big issue of ours last year, and one that we have been reducing for awhile now. We would rather sit on the 5 units of whatever than oversell them and have to contact customers to tell them we are out of something that they thought was in stock. An issue that is obviously important to you guys - to me too.

As some of you have pointed out, we have been working on systems to properly handle live inventory for some time now. We have made some solid ground progress, and expect some new systems in place within the next 4-5 months. Chris has been locked in his office for the last 2 weeks writing out a plan for the back room to impliment these changes as smoothly as possible. This is not to brush away any issues or problems, but rather to just let you all know that we see these as very high priority items and ones that the owners are working on currently.

Also, we have had a few issues with our supply chains in this economy. someone mentioned hazelnut extract - perfect example! We called on this product every week, and were told "oh next week for sure". So this is the information we relay to you. When it falls short, we are upset, because not only are we pissing off our customers, but it looks like we are lying and that we could really care less. It's a dificult place to be in.

I don't want anyone to feel that we don't care about loosing customers. It's something that I worry about a lot. I know we mess up sometimes, and I know that we are out of stock on items, but both of those are steadily improving based on the data we have been monitoring over the past three years. I know it's hard to see when you are the consumer, and easy to see when you are the retailer, so I fully understand the frustration. The only thing I can say is we will get better, we have gotten better, and we will continue to get better.

If anyone here has an issue with an order or some aspect of service, please contact me directly and I will do my best to deal with the issue. Our customer service can be over-loaded this time of year, so anything I can do to help them and you out, I'll do it.

Hey, Jipper, thanks for at least taking the time to come on here. I really hope we see more of your presence on the board, or anyone from More Beer for that matter.

To me, your Concord location IS my local home brew shop. I'm always happy with the service I receive at the retail location and always try to speak up about that. Mike is EXTREMELY helpful with anything I need.

That being said, I TOO have noticed the problems with online ordering and back stock and it did seem like something needed to be fixed with your system. I sometimes check your website to see if an item I need is in stock, but I never know for sure if it's REALLY out of stock or there are only a handful left. I suppose I could call, my bad there I guess, but I just drive up anyways, because I always have several items on the buy list. I'm glad to hear that More Beer is looking into resolving this issue.

Hey guys - I just now saw this thread, and I'm not sure of what to say first, or if it will help matters any. But I'll try.

to the OP - i cannot explain how sorry I am that you got the service you did over the phone. There is no excuse for that, nor is that something we are ok with as a company. Kyle is a great employee and makes some great beer. Of course that doesn't make the issue resolved.

inventory - one thing I am doing as the MoreBeer brand manager is to review the items that are on back order each day, so make sure that 1 - they are on order, and 2 - that we are indeed out of stock. Sometimes we do put things on back order online that we have stock on, and this is to prevent more orders for a product than we have in stock, which was a big issue of ours last year, and one that we have been reducing for awhile now. We would rather sit on the 5 units of whatever than oversell them and have to contact customers to tell them we are out of something that they thought was in stock. An issue that is obviously important to you guys - to me too.

As some of you have pointed out, we have been working on systems to properly handle live inventory for some time now. We have made some solid ground progress, and expect some new systems in place within the next 4-5 months. Chris has been locked in his office for the last 2 weeks writing out a plan for the back room to impliment these changes as smoothly as possible. This is not to brush away any issues or problems, but rather to just let you all know that we see these as very high priority items and ones that the owners are working on currently.

Also, we have had a few issues with our supply chains in this economy. someone mentioned hazelnut extract - perfect example! We called on this product every week, and were told "oh next week for sure". So this is the information we relay to you. When it falls short, we are upset, because not only are we pissing off our customers, but it looks like we are lying and that we could really care less. It's a dificult place to be in.

I don't want anyone to feel that we don't care about loosing customers. It's something that I worry about a lot. I know we mess up sometimes, and I know that we are out of stock on items, but both of those are steadily improving based on the data we have been monitoring over the past three years. I know it's hard to see when you are the consumer, and easy to see when you are the retailer, so I fully understand the frustration. The only thing I can say is we will get better, we have gotten better, and we will continue to get better.

If anyone here has an issue with an order or some aspect of service, please contact me directly and I will do my best to deal with the issue. Our customer service can be over-loaded this time of year, so anything I can do to help them and you out, I'll do it.

Thanks, Jason. When I had my problems awhile back (website said it was in stock, I placed the order, entire order gets held up because one or two items weren't actually in stock), the customer service email I got was nice, and I have nothing bad to say about the courteousness of you guys (and Ryan in particular, who sent the email). That having been said, this was in January 09. Almost 10 months ago. He said, "I will be the first one to admit that there are flaws in our inventory accuracy. This is the absolute number one goal for our company in '09." Now, to be fair, I am a small business owner myself and I understand that it can often be a difficult, arduous and lengthy process to implement new logistics. Still, 10 months later, on the "#1 goal of 2009", and it's essentially in the same place?

No disrespect to you guys, I really appreciate your willingness to offer courteous customer service, but I'll say now what I said back in January: until the problem with the inventory system is fixed, I simply cannot take the risk of ordering with you guys and ending up not getting my stuff on time because something wasn't actually in stock. Please let us know when the inventory system is truly live!

Thanks Shooter - It's hard to find the time to hit all the boards since we have our own. I barely go on the BN forum either :)

Yeah it's a well-known issue around here, and our #1 priority as a company on the whole. We do good business, but not so good that we shrug off a bad experience and say "oh well they won't be shopping with us."

Still, 10 months later, on the "#1 goal of 2009", and it's essentially in the same place?

Well ... yes and no. In a marathon, if you move up from 32nd to 12th, but you arent in the lead, are you in the same place? We are improving each month. It's not fast enough for me, but it's as fast as we can go based on what we know. It's a long process. I wish I could say more, and I understand if you want to hold off until things are perfect, but I order from Amazon and sometimes I see things that are "in stock" and then I get an e-mail saying "the item you requested is currently out of stock ... " with Amazon money, they can't even get it right 100% of the time.

Well ... yes and no. In a marathon, if you move up from 32nd to 12th, but you arent in the lead, are you in the same place? We are improving each month. It's not fast enough for me, but it's as fast as we can go based on what we know. It's a long process. I wish I could say more, and I understand if you want to hold off until things are perfect, but I order from Amazon and sometimes I see things that are "in stock" and then I get an e-mail saying "the item you requested is currently out of stock ... " with Amazon money, they can't even get it right 100% of the time.

I hear ya...I've never had that happen at Amazon, but in any case, I don't expect and am not asking for perfection. If you guys truly have improved it, cool...I just had like 3 different orders in a row with the same exact problem back in Jan., and I was trying to get my rig ready for a brew, and it was just a nightmare. And since you guys were the only online homebrew supply shop where I'd had this problem, I couldn't justify the risk. If it's improved "from 32nd to 12th" as you say, then I'll give it another shot...

We definatley have put some new systems in place - our guy Phil in receiving now does counts of high-volume items - like pumps, some fittings, etc - so we can update the inventory and put it on B/O before someone orders it and also flags it for ordering before we run out of stock. Things like this, where it's hard to see unless you know about it.

Thanks for trying again, whenever you do. And like I said before, if there is a problem anyone here can feel free to let me know (jp at morebeer dot com) and I'll do my best at resolving it or at least making it right.

Thanks Shooter - It's hard to find the time to hit all the boards since we have our own. I barely go on the BN forum either :)

Yeah it's a well-known issue around here, and our #1 priority as a company on the whole. We do good business, but not so good that we shrug off a bad experience and say "oh well they won't be shopping with us."

Just glad to hear that it is at least an issue you guys are working on. I've always been a More Beer supporter, but totally understand where people like Evan! are coming from because, even as a retail shopper, I see there is an issue with the real time inventory.

I did create a BN forum account recently, but I do think I get my best online information from the BN podcasts and here at Homebrewtalk.com.

Interesting read. I'll just say that I avoid of lot of this headache by buying full sacks of grain, full poundage of hops, and do most of my equipment purchasing through Mcmaster.com. Every online HBS should just hire the Mcmaster supply chain gurus to implement their systems.

Well good for you.. but anyway too stay on post topic more Beer has been great to me..

Yes, morebeer was great to me when I've ordered, too. There was an issue (can't remember what it was) the last time, and it was resolved to my satisfaction. I don't know if it's morebeer or not now (my memory sucks) but there is an online homebrew store that sent me an email giving me a credit on a future order because of an issue I had. I'm pretty sure it is B3, now that I think about it. I'll have to dig up that email!

I order online often, because there aren't any LHBS within 150 miles of me. I order most often from austinhomebrew.com and now brewmasterswarehouse.com. I just ordered from midwest, though, because they had a false bottom I needed. I often go to AHS and Brewmaster's Warehouse first, because I have always received good customer service, plus I "know" the owners from here.

I think it's good that we can talk about our experiences, both positive and negative. I also think it's important for us to do what we can to resolve issues before posting it on the internet, and that was done here.

I think it's important that we also talk about GOOD customer experiences. So many times, we forget to do that!

I have ordered from them a few times and never had an issue. The only complaint I have is they are almost always out of their SS QD's and valves (noone carried their SS QD's). My whole system implements these. I have a few more to buy but again they are out.

I've called there and have always been treated respectfully. Not trying to be a dick but I don't know what you are referring to in regards to terrible customer service.

Back