Netflix Upgrades to Unlimited Online Viewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Thought this was very nice (even though I still can't use it on my macbook at home, but I expect that they'll fix that sooner or later). You can now watch as many online selections as you want every month. The library is admittedly lacking at this point, but there are quite a few things in there to watch. I plan on watching the first season of the British version of the Office, maybe Strange Brew...

I've used the online viewing feature a few times...while I don't like the proprietary player install, the movies have been seemless and the viewing quality is good.

Now if they just didn't funk up their deal with TiVo I'd be all set. I would LOVE to be able to download Netflix movies to my TiVo to watch.

Yeah, the Netflix online collection is limited but a couple of months ago I watched the entire collection of Fawlty Towers in one Saturday session - great! Didn't know it had gone unlimited. My daughter has been watching all of the Law & Order variants she can find in the collection. She'll be happy.

Rick

No kidding? Nice! I love Netflix, and the whole online viewing is what screwed Blockbuster's online deal into oblivion.

Sure its a limited selection, but its 'on demand'. I threw a cheap 32mb all in wonder video card in the PC I used 6 years ago, and that's my 'player' for the living room tv.

The online selection is rapidly adding tv series, including seasons 1 and 2 (which is the current season) of Heroes. I think they have some agreements with the networks that post their tv shows online after the initial airing.

My one complaint is browsing the Watch now titles. They only show the more recent stuff in the browse screens...but there are titles not listed that if you search for them, you have rent or watch now options.

Back