Netbook help - please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencoat

Reaction score
I suck at PCs - I've been a Mac user for as long as I've had my own computer. I recently got an Asus EeePC netbook (model 1005HAB) and it was doing fine until I put Windows 7 on it - now my function keys aren't functioning and I can't turn it's wi-fi on. I feel like such a nub over here. I've looked on Asus' site for driver, but they're all .rom files and I don't know what the hell do with that! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The .rom files on Asus website are NOT DRIVERS. they are BIOS upgrades for the motherboard. As a non-pc geek that is not anything you want to mess with.

Windows 7 runs well on most systems, but if your hardware has no Windows 7 drivers, you might be a little stuck.

If Vista came on the netbook, Vista drivers should work fine in Windows 7 but you may have to jump through some hoops.

Are you unable to connect to a WiFi, or is your wifi driver missing/inoperable?

function keys are probably a driver you need off the original netbook disc.

Dual boot windows 7/Ubuntu homebuild here. :) When I turn my computer off the lights in my house get brighter. :)

As for the Fn button problem...Occam's razor principle. Have you tried popping the Fn key off and seeing if there's something under it? It happens sometimes.

Back