NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBlueBrad

Reaction score
I brew all of our tailgating beer for Middle TN. State games. I’m making a NEIPA for the crew. I’ve never had one.

ahow does the combination of Citra, Sabro and Cascade sound?

I've never used Sabro, but looking at its profile it should make for an interesting hazy ipa.

12_THCSabro2018_radar.jpg

I'd want to brew a small test batch to get a feel for its intensity because frankly Citra can drown out less intense strains but you could wing it and see what happens without concern it won't be enjoyable...

Cheers!

Sabro can come off as very woody in large amounts. Think Cedar. In small amounts it’s typicalcoconut. It’s incredibjy strong, stronger than every other hop in the world in my mind. A little goes a long ways. I do a pretty Citra dominant beer with a bit of cascade and a bit of Sabro.

Sabro can come off as very woody in large amounts. Think Cedar. In small amounts it’s typicalcoconut. It’s incredibjy strong, stronger than every other hop in the world in my mind. A little goes a long ways. I do a pretty Citra dominant beer with a bit of cascade and a bit of Sabro.

Maybe dry hop with Sabro?

Last edited:
Just finished a milkshake ipa with primarily el dorado, sabro , and tahoma and it came out fantastic. Use the sabro in smaller amounts vs the citra and mosaic, and you’ll be good to go.

Back