Need your favorite for my tap list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardU

Reaction score
I'm having an event for people (who are not particularly into homebrew) and want to have something for all tastes

I'll have four beers on tap including these three:

• Citra IPA 5%
  • Pale Ale 6%
  • Coffee Stout 7%

And I'd like to add something that's <5% and offers a different taste (but nothing exotic like sours etc.).

My wife thinks maybe an Irish Red. What do you think would be the most universally liked and is different from the others?

Cheers, Richard

You've got a modern IPA, a strong pale, and a stronger adjunct stout.

Blonde, kolsch, wheat, etc. Something light, refreshing, and restrained. Something completely non-intimidating for the BMC crowd. Maybe your BMC friends like their Blue Moon. A wit can be nice. In this same category, but a little more room for flavor expression.

I'm having an event for people (who are not particularly into homebrew) and want to have something for all tastes

I'll have four beers on tap including these three:

• Citra IPA 5%
  • Pale Ale 6%
  • Coffee Stout 7%

And I'd like to add something that's <5% and offers a different taste (but nothing exotic like sours etc.).

My wife thinks maybe an Irish Red. What do you think would be the most universally liked and is different from the others?

Cheers, Richard
A solid Nut Brown Ale?

I have an ordinary bitter that's MO and victory malts. 20% victory malt for the grist. I used First Gold for the hops. HUGE hit and about 3% ABV (first batch came out at 3%, second at 3.1%) means people can easily drink it.

Back