Need water filter recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikrocks

Reaction score
So, I have well water with a very metallic/bloody smell and taste. I had it tested and it came back with (only) 0.54ppm of iron. All other levels were within reason, as well.

Can anyone recommend a good (sub $100) water filter?

Danke.

its called hydrogen sulfide. rotton egg/iron metal smell. i got it too!

Waterfilters.net get a whole house filter ether use for your whole or inline with a garden hose.

http://www.waterfilters.net/WaterFiltersNET-KDF85-10-WF-Water-Filter.html

get a KDF media filterKinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a high-purity copper-zinc formulation that uses a basic chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction) to remove chlorine, lead, mercury, iron, and hydrogen sulfide from water supplies. The process also has a mild anti-bacterial, algaecitic, and fungicitic, effect and may reduce the accumulation of lime scale.

Thanks again for the info last week, guys. After a decent amount of research, I ended up ordering the KDF setup that BrothersBrewing recommended. I hope it comes Friday in time for the brewing weekend.

I use an RV filter I bought at Wally-world for about $8 with a potable water hose included. It's cheap enough to pickup if your KDF setup doesn't get there in time.

Back