Need some recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooser

Reaction score
I've been a bit of a lurker and this site helped a lot with my first AG batch which went fairly well except for a boilover that resulted in some hops on the ground. I ended up adding a bit more hops and the beer turned out pretty, well, hoppy. It still wasn't terrible but I've learned.

This was supposed to be my second batch for brewing AG. I had an Amber Ale recipe in mind when I went to pick up ingredients today but they were all out of the Munich malt. The recipe is as follows

8 lb. 2-row pale
1.5 lb. Munich
1 lb. Caramel malt
2 oz. chocolate malt

1 oz (10%IBU) Northern Brewer
1 oz Cascade

So I currently have all the ingredients above except the Munich. If I were to leave out the Munich what kind of adjustments should I make to the rest of the ingredients? I do have a bit extra of all of them.This is supposed to be a 5 gallon batch.

Thanks for the help.

At 1.5 lbs Munich malt will give you a bit of malt complexity, but you could just replace it with an equal amount of pale 2-row and be fine.

Back