Need info asap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dakota lawley

Reaction score
New brewer here, I had just started a new batch did initial grav and everything for my first batch went to put the airlock on and the bung I had bought with my airlock was too small for my carboy it shot into my first batch of of the airlock is the batch salvageable?

I don't see why not. Did you spray the bung with sanitizer? I say, let it go and give it a try. If it tastes fine then you are good to go. You went this far, ride it out. I know the last brew I did I thought I did it all wrong, but took it to the end and it actually ended up ok. But, I am not a pro, so I will let the folks in the know answer up. I would let it go and see what happens

My guess is you will be OK. I would put some foil or something covering the carboy opening, mostly to keep bugs and such out and other things from falling in. It needs to loose enough to still vent though.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

RDWHAHB ... it means relax don't worry , have a home brew .
Worrying will ruin your brew more than dropping your airlock .
Just order a new stopper and be careful next time.
Good luck , let us know how it turns out :bigmug:

Last edited:
Back