Need Imperial Stout Logo Design Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbus

Reaction score
Looking for help for a logo idea, heres the inspiration...

If any of you are into the jam band music festival scene (bonnaroo, rothbury, etc.) you're probably aware of the term "wookiefoot." If you don't know, it essentially just refers to your feet being extremely dark with dirt, grime, and dust after wearing sandals/being barefoot for multiple days camping at a festival.

So I thought Wookiefoot Imperial Stout would be appropriate! Pretty simple design idea...just a black footprint shadow or silhouette, but with part of the middle toe missing a la the Jerry Garcia hand print. "Wookiefoot Imperial Stout" above, catchphrase "dark, dirty, delicious." underneath the logo.

If anyone could help me brainstormso design ideas, that would be awesome.

I loved the jam band theme, so I threw on some Widespread Panic and String Cheese Incident and here's what I came up with. Let me know if you want anything else done to it or if you just want the file as is. Jam on man :rockin:

4790602611_d582d63f3b_b.jpg

Wow that's awesome! Never thought of using the words as the actual footprint. Love it. I think it would be cool to mess around with the colors a bit just to see some different versions...maybe an all black version and a darker version of that same texture. But yeah, if you could send me the file that would be awesome. You use photoshop?

Well I'm off to see Umphrey's McGee and Widespread Panic tonight. Jam on or funk off.

Yeah it's a photoshop file. Here it is darker and in black. Just PM me your email and I'll hit you up with the file. I think it would be cool to take a posterized version of a photo from some concert and put it outside of the oval on the label. Have fun at the concert tonight you damn salty dog.

4790980955_5484bcc929_b.jpg

4791611886_1b81dd9c4d_b.jpg

It's soooo much better without the drop shadow and oval outline... but nice concept!

I agree, the flat art without the drop shadow and oval is more successful.

Flat, black artwork is a great starting point and always prints well on all type of materials.

Any thoughts on only having 4 toes? :cross:

It's still a great design! :rockin:

Yeah, it was kind of hard to replicate the Jerry Garcia, since there is part of the finger on the hand print. Easy enough to make it flat black just by removing the blending effects and hiding the rock layer.

Back