Need help with pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I bought a pump off amazon to simply recirculate my mash for my BIAB all in one electric system. I connected it using a DC adapter I had laying around that said I think 1amp and 12v. I used it once and could barely get the water up to the lid to spray back over my mash and after once brew it is not working. Could it be my DC adapter quite? If so, does anyone know what a good adapter would be to get more umph outta this pump so I can get better recirculation? I'm trying to brew again this weekend so I don't have time to order a new one. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1457105247.574814.jpg

Did you prime it? Every other topic ive seen about pump trouble, this has been the issue

I have a similar pump and you have to prime the pump first which can be a PIA. After that it works like a champ!

Good luck!

When I plug it in as of now, it makes no sound or hum so I don't think priming is the issue?

According to the Amazon page, that 12VDC pump draws a maximum current of 500mA, so a 1A 12VDC power supply should work fine, assuming connection polarity is respected...

Cheers!

According to the Amazon page, that 12VDC pump draws a maximum current of 500mA, so a 1A 12VDC power supply should work fine, assuming connection polarity is respected...

Cheers!

So could my school power adapter just be bad or burnt out? Should I cut it and try another power adapter?

Maybe try and unscrew it to make sure the impeller system is not blocked or has any foreign material. It should at least spin. I had bought a brand newpump that had a small piece of plastic jamming the impeller, after I removed that , and primed, no problem. Good luck

Ok so I swapped everything and cleaned everything and still nothing. I am suppose to brew tomorrow, is there any pump out there over the counter besides a brew store that would be good for recirculating wort?

Back