Need help with changing lines on new Nostalgia Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therainmaker

Reaction score
I'd like to change out the faucet to a perlick faucet and possibly change the tower to a 2 tap tower.

However my issue is this, I bought this thing used and it appears to never have been cleaned. At the very least, I want to replace the current lines and faucet and possibly tower as there is some funky looking stuff going on. I want to change it all over to ball lock cornys as well...

But heck, I can't even figure out how to get the old lines out of the tower....

Help please!

That's phenomenal stuff! My issue is the top chrome looking piece of the tower doesn't want to budge. I assume it's a press fit on, but I'm about half nervous I'm going to break something if I work on it any harder

The top piece of the tower should be a light press fit. If its never been removed it may be a bit tight. Tapping it lightly with a small hammer and something like a screwdriver may help loosen it up. Once you get the cap removed you'll see how the faucets are attached inside (with either a 1" or a 1 1/16" nut). You might need a special wrench if theres more than one faucet. Once the faucets nuts are removed its pretty straight forward.

The top piece of the tower should be a light press fit. If its never been removed it may be a bit tight. Tapping it lightly with a small hammer and something like a screwdriver may help loosen it up. Once you get the cap removed you'll see how the faucets are attached inside (with either a 1" or a 1 1/16" nut). You might need a special wrench if theres more than one faucet. Once the faucets nuts are removed its pretty straight forward.

Yes indeed! I was able to pry it off... That puppy was TIGHT! I'll have to get a special wrench because the ones I have are too wide to fit down in. Just going to pitch that whole thing... Rusted up a bit and whatnot, and replace it with a perlick one.

Thanks for the help folks!

Back