Need Help San Diegans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer217

Reaction score
Going to be in town with the family for vacation for a few days and I need some family friendly places to grub and if they feature local beers that is a plus. We'll be staying at the Dana Inn on Mission Bay across from Sea World so something within 10 miles max.

Appreciate the help.

Going to be in town with the family for vacation for a few days and I need some family friendly places to grub and if they feature local beers that is a plus. We'll be staying at the Dana Inn on Mission Bay across from Sea World so something within 10 miles max.

Appreciate the help.

Pizza Port Ocean Beach is 10 mins away from you. Family friendly, has great beer and pizza.

Phils BBQ is about 5 mins away from you. Family friendly, has a nice selection of beer and some good BBQ. Note, Phil's is very popular, there is usually a line to get in, if you come around dinner time but it's worth it.

Ocean Beach is about 10 mins away from you and there are number of great places along Newport Ave, just blocks from the beach.

Hash House a GoGo on 5th Ave highly recommend the Snicker's pancake or the Sage Fried Chicken and Waffles (bacon infused) either breakfast or lunch.

I work by where you're staying. There's Perry's, they do breakfast and lunch only, pretty good place. Phil's is eh, the portions are big, but the food is decent. I like to think of it as novelty BBQ. Pizza Port in Ocean Beach is awesome. Beer can be a tad pricey, but it's delicious. If you want to go a tad farther, Karl Strauss has two locations near you, La Jolla and Downtown, of you've willing to go downtown theres blind lady ale house. I hear their pizza is delicious.

Back