Need help quick! 3068 bad, make american wheat instead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainfrz

Reaction score
i harvested some 3068 from a previous batch, made a starter last night and not seeing any activity from it. Took a little out and it tastes sweet. Ive got a packet of nottingham in the fridge as backup (have london ale and irish ale in jars but would rather make starters from those. So here i am heating up my sparge water for 5.75# 2-row and 5.75# white wheat. Ive got cascade, uk kent goldings, and fuggles on hand. Suggestions?

Harvested yeast starters for me take longer to take off. Give it time and I'm sure you'll be fine.

For what its worth im on a stir plate and add 1/8teaspoon of nutrient to boil. My starters are peaking brew day morning. If i stop the stir plate i dont have any signs of activity. Ill let it sit on there today to confirm thats the case but things arent looking good at the moment.

going to turn this into an american wheat with .75 oz cascades at 60 and .6 oz cascades flameout. Damn 3068.

Back