Need help picking pump, plate chiller and fittings.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idigg

Reaction score
I've just upgraded to 10 gallon batches, I made a keggle with a 1/2" ball valve. I mash and batch sparge in a cooler MLT.

I'm looking to upgrade and add a pump, hop rocket and plate chiller to my setup, and I'm at a loss on which pump to get, and what kind of connections. My keggle has a stainless 1/2" hose barb. I'm on a budget, is hose barb the cheapest? What kind of hose/tubing to get?

I boil on a SQ14 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JXYQ4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20) which is only 13" off the ground. Would I just have the pump on the ground so I can prime it?

Just looking for some options and what you guys would be from scratch. I'm confused on how I will clean the plate chiller, looking at the 30 plate from duda diesel. And when I'm pumping, do I need to turn it off right away once no more wort is going through? I will have a lot of wort in the hop rocket and hoses?

TIA!
Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hose and barb is the cheapest. Duda Diesel has cheap stainless steel fittings too. Use thermoplastic or silicone hoses. You'll need hose clamps as well.

By cheap I mean inexpensive not poor quality.

Back