Convoluted chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddaddam

Reaction score
Hey all,
I just picked up a bunch of random homebrew equipment off marketplace that included 2 of these convoluted chillers. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the 5th attachment would be for?

Am I right to assume cold water attaches to the 90° fitting and the wort goes through the straight part?

Also wondering why there's copper pipe attached inside the barb but I'll probably just replace the fittings. Hoping it's not too corroded or gross inside.

20231101_143213.jpg

Attachments

• 20231101_143204.jpg
    20231101_143204.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I'd take apart all those fittings after cleaning it up some. That way you can start out new. For the water connections I would put on some hose style QD's. For the wort ends, silicon hose us best.

After you get it figured out run some hot PBW through the wort path to make sure it's clean.

There's instructions on the web for those, search "chillzilla".

Oxygenate wort via a carb stone big guy.
In that case it wouldn't be a carb stone, would it? There must be a generic term for the porous piece, that often isn't even a stone, but sintered stainless steel particles.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the replies. I considered a temp gauge but there was an in-line gauge included as well. Could have been for something else tho..
Never heard of a carb stone, makes for some good reading

Latest posts

Back