Need Help Carbonating Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbengal

Reaction score
I am a first time user of the cornelius keg and I am having trouble getting the co2 into the tank. I am pretty sure i have connected it properly, but i feel like the quick disconnects aren't passing the co2 through it into the keg. They are connected all the way down and secure. Anyone have any thoughts to help me out. I have a delicious scottish ale waiting eagerly to be carbonated. Thanks a lot.

Make sure you have the gray gas connector on the "IN" side of your corny tank.

What is your PSI setting? Have you opened the inline valve after the regulator? You should hear the gas go in when you initially turn it on, but then it will stop when pressure equalizes in the corny to what your PSI setting is.

The keg needs to be chilled too.

If you took the keg apart to sanitize, make sure you have the liquid post on the "out" side and the gas post on the "in" side. There is a difference, because they are slighty different in size. I spent the better part of three hours and several posts on the forum to figure this out.

Good way to test if pressure is going in...

Hook up the gas and pull the pressure relief valve in the middle of your corny lid. If you hear the hiss, you got gas.

Latest posts

Back