Need fan for keezer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw 25' this morning for the probe around the shanks and 27 on the bottom...

assuming this thing is gonna average upper 20s and my lines don't freeze...what kinda PSI am I gonna need to serve? from looking at the charts I'm guessing I will be dropping all my regulators down several PSI to maintain CO2 volume? Otherwise my beers are gonna start to over carb?

I might have missed something, but why not just turn the fridge temperature up a few degrees?

Yes, you need to adjust the CO2 pressure to maintain your desired carbonation level..

Cheers!

It's already set at the warmest setting possible. Since it's an old style, not frost free, fridge with an integral freezer section that is always coated with ice and no drainage...I'm not sure an inkbird is gonna work for me. I did try an Inkbird on my 1946 Frigidaire and I ended up dealing with a constant freeze-thaw-freeze-than cycle and thus water in the bottom all the time. By it running at the warmest setting with the original mechanical t-stat the coils stay frozen and collects all the moisture inside so it stays dry inside.

I don't mind the beer coming outta the taps at damn near freezing as long at the carbonation is good/correct for the style. Beer warms up pretty fast once poured...why do you think Yetis are so popular...lol

My bad again. Just checked and it was set half way.
IMG_6520.JPG

Backed it off and will see what happens. But I can’t find a co2 chart below 32’. I could probably calculate something close. But definitely gonna need to change out the hefe line for a longer one, maybe 15’?

After 2 days at the warmest setting everything seems to be stable in the low 30s as the fried cycles on/off with the fan. I'm happy with that.

I got a muffin fan off ebay...exact same as the Amazon one and it even came in an amazon package...but it had no AC plug or any hardware even though it was clearly pictured. I had a spare plug and wired it up anyway.

so beware of saving a few bucks on ebay. I've actually had several things from ebay show up in amazon packaging???

I've found many eBay stores have Amazon fronts as well. I like that because they can use AMZL so packages get here a lot quicker...

Cheers!

well finally had a beer freeze up...My new pumpkin ale. poured fine for a few days after putting it in...now if just barely drips...gotta hold the tap open a while and it starts to dribble and after a few minutes it will pour ok...go back a little later and plugged again...

I don't have an ABV yet but I suspect it's maybe low since my other 2 beers on tap flow great. Or it's just the location of this particular hose?

Here is a video of my fan setup it's a bit lengthy when you look at all three videos but it gives you a good idea of how my system is set up. The bilge fan is a very good option and you can use the speed controller to adjust the amount of flow.

Nice - I see is a 12V. I have it wired for 110V - I could adapt it but I'd prefer to keep 110V. Are you aware of anything that would fit that ?

I will research more - basically 110V and temp 36F-86F - this is a fermentation chamber.
I already went thru 2 Thermocool 110 VAC Muffin Cooling Fan 120 x 38mm, they got bad and loud - most likely humidity and temp range did them.

@BeerBaron1985 I am trying to follow along your diagram, but I am uncertain as to what 86 connects too. I am attaching my diagram. Can you let me know if that is correct, and what to hook to 86, the white wire?

Attachments

• Fan wiring Diagram.png
    Fan wiring Diagram.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
@BeerBaron1985 I am trying to follow along your diagram, but I am uncertain as to what 86 connects too. I am attaching my diagram. Can you let me know if that is correct, and what to hook to 86, the white wire?
After watching your video again, I am thinking that this is the wiring setup. 87A goes to the motor controller, 87 to the led. NO from magnetic latch goes to 86, 30 is positive input, 85 is negative input

Attachments

• Fan wiring Diagram 2.png
    Fan wiring Diagram 2.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey Archi! I believe you got the wiring right. Honestly I have to check it out myself as I don't exactly recall. Sorry for the delay in my response! PM me if you run into any issues!

Latest posts

Back