Need Advice On No Rinse Sanitizer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muscleshoalsbrewer

Reaction score
I am wanting to bottle but am not sure about what sanitizer would be the best for pre rinsing my bottles before filling.? I have Potassium Metabisulfite, and iodophor. Can I make a bucket of either and dip bottles in and then fill?
Any help would be appreiciated.

:mug:Mix up some iodophor to the right dilution, fill the bottles with it and put them upside down in the box lined with paper towels. I use Starsan, it's the best stuff as you don't need to let it dry before you bottle. I'm not sure about iodophor? :mug:

I have heard great things about star san. I just started using it and so far so good. This batch is still in primary though so it is hard to tell. But I am confident in it. In the past I have Used one-step sanitizer and that stuff works well too.

+1 on star san being the best overall, but in the OP's situation, I would go with the iodiphor

Starsan and Iodophor are the only two fda approved sanitizer that we tend to use and recommend for brewing, you can't go wrong choosing either...The both work great...so you'll ultimately have to make your own decision...

This thread has a lot of great info on santizing, including podcast links on both sanitizers, and some great tips on using either of them.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/sanitizer-question-54932/?highlight=sanitizer+question

:mug:

Back