Need advice on carbonation in bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

generalstores

Reaction score
When it was time to bottle my beer I had a brain fart that may affect the out come of my beer. I boiled up the priming sugar and dumped it in my bottling bucket, I then started siphoning the beer from my carboy into the bucket. All was going well and I stepped out of the room for a moment and when I came back in, I had beer forming a puddle on my kitchen floor. I had forgot to close the spigot of the valve on the bucket after sanitizing. I estimate I spilled about 2 bottles worth of beer on the floor.
The beer has been in the bottle for 2 weeks now and I thought I would sample a bottle. When I popped the cap I didn't hear much gas escaping and poured the beer into a glass and could tell there was very little carbonation. I drank the beer and it was pretty much flat but did have very good flavor. Do you think it is possible most of the priming sugar ran out on my kitchen floor and this beer may not carbonate properly? How long would you let it sit in the bottle before trying another? Could it or should it be fixed by removing the bottle caps and add more priming sugar or carbtabs?
I store my homemade beer in my basement which is around 68 degrees, I thought I would bring it up to my main floor which is around 72 degrees thinking this may help. Looking for suggestions from others who may have been down this road.

Sme of your priming sugar came out but not all. Give it another week or more at 70* and try another.

Back