Need a wort pump FAST!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcs401

Reaction score
I currently own a cheap little pump from Amazon like this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PXXJEHE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I used it one time and it died somehow. I tried to take the impeller out to clean and even tried a new dc adapter and NOTHING! I am suppose to brew today and cannot without a pump. Is there any pumps at like Home Depot or lowes that are food/ high temp that people have used??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have that pump and it requires a good thump now and again.
Try that. My whisk handle shows the history of the thumps

Since you want to brew now (probably an hour ago) would it possible to rework your process to go without the pump? I've gotten away with mashing small BIAB batches over direct heat with a false bottom, the occasional stir, and very very low occasional heat inputs to maintain my desired temperature. Heck, if it's not too cold where you intend to mash you may get away with no additional heat at all. Just use a strike temp calculator, preheat the water, start the mash, adjust with boiling or cold water if necessary, and brew on. Should work fine.

I understand and I could do that. Was trying to use my electric system I put together and basically the hole deal relays on the pump since the temp probe is inline with the pump circulation. Was just wondering if there was a pump out there that could do this and be safe that would be sold locally and not just a brew shop

Back