need a good inexpensive mp3 player

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are several MP3 players in that price range, we've had a few and they all seem to be about the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you just buy your teens an Ipod like all of their friends have and stop being cheap?

Another happy Sansa Clip owner here. I jumped on the 2GB model from Woot last year for $14.99 - bought three of 'em!!! They just came up again recently for the same price so I bought three more!

they both dislike the ipod shuffles and like to be able to see a display on the song even if its only the song title artist and length. i carry a creative zen mosaic personally but they are also a little more than i want to spend(especially on the youngest boy who tends to lose or destroy small things).

anyone have experience with the philips go-gear line? i see walmart has them for 40 but without the ear buds and acc. pack which is another 10

I picked up a Creative Zen 2GB super cheap after my 1st gen iPod mini finally gave up the ghost.

I hate it.

I've played with zunes, sansa, ipods, and the Nike MP3 player abortion and the zen is by far the worst interface of the lot.

And it doesn't remember where it was in an mp3 (podcast) when it goes to sleep.

Back