need a good beer thats ready fast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hefhead25

Reaction score
So I'm new to brewing, I've brewed 4 batches so far and my buddy's brother is having a bachelor party and he thought it would be cool if I had some ready for the guys. My next batch that will be ready will be too late. I'm already kegging so carbonation isnt a problem. I just need a recipe that's pretty good and could be ready in about 10 days. I know it goes against everything to just try and pump some out but this would be a great thing. So does anyone have an extract recipe that can pull this off or is it just pipe dreams? Would be great to have a pale or amber ale.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Can be found for $12 a 12 pack on sale. It won't have diacetyl and won't taste like a green mess.

Seriously don't force a rushed brew for a big party.

don't force a rushed brew for a big party.

why do you think nasa waits for the perfect moment to launch its shuttles? because it takes precision, skill, and patience to get it just right. So yes, i am comparing homebrewing with rocket science. sue me.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Can be found for $12 a 12 pack on sale. It won't have diacetyl and won't taste like a green mess.

Seriously don't force a rushed brew for a big party.

I laughed pretty hard at that.
Seriously though, there is no beer that you can have ready in 10 days that would be of high enough quality to serve to friends. Would you really want that to be the beer they remember you by? NorCal has a good point, just get some craft beer for the bachelor party and serve up that most recent batch after they get back from the honeymoon. Maybe start planning a batch for the future... I'm thinking... "Baby Shower Blonde" ale?

you could do an IPA, probably use some corn sugar to help it along and LOTS of hops to mask the greenness/immaturity, carb it well, ferment high, low alcohol would help etc. Your going to end up with the situation where as much as you explain that these things take time, people who have no understanding of the process will see this as an average beer you can make. If it was me Id buy some suitable beer then after a few tell them how you have got one on that wasnt quite ready to go on the night so in two weeks you will need some help draining the keg :rockin:

I've done hefeweizens for urgent situations in ten days easy! Keep it simple, just some wheat dme, a kiss of hops, keep og low (1.040 or so), and pitch a good starter of Wyeast 3068. Ferment around 70 for in-your-face banana/clove.

I would crash cool on day 8, keg on day 9, serve on day ten. Thbis works because this style is supposed to cloudy and yeasty. If it sits in my keg for a few weeks it gets clear and bland.

BierMuncher has his Centennial Blonde that is very popular. He claims that it can go from grain to glass in 2 weeks. Whatever you decide to do, keep the OG as low as possible so the fermentation is done quick and the yeast can start cleaning up their byproducts. I hope that you're going to keg this as well. If you bottle, I'd say it's next to impossible. Good luck!

Thanks everybody I had a feeling that would be the verdict but figured I'd pose the question to a jury of my peers. Appreciate it guys!

Checkout the following thread:

6 Day Beer Attempt!!!

I made a beer in 6 days and it turned out quite tasty. it was a nut brown partial mash. In addition to the recipe, there is a healthy discussion on the fermentation and yeast flocculation.

I would recommend a heavy cold crash in a refrigerator for 2 -3 days (combination of fermentor and keg) to ensure you get the yeast taste and aroma out of your beer.

Latest posts

Back