Need a Favor: Size of 6.5 Gallon Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffersonJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My job has found me at an office that is trying to get rid of a mini-fridge for cheap.

Can someone do me a favor and real quick give me the diameter of a standard 6.5 gallon bucket and the height with a standard airlock on it?

And help will be much appreciated!

Based on northern brewer's specs, the fermenting bucket is 17.5" tall and 12" in diameter. The airlock would add another 3-4" or so.

I'd take the mini fridge if it fit or not though if its a good deal. If the bucket doesn't fit you can always use it to store bottled beer, brewing ingredients, or if you aren't kegging yet, you could get one of the most expensive parts of a keg setup for cheap.

Take it either way - you can build a fermenter box on it using a temp-controller. Even if you don't brew lagers it can give you summertime control of ale fermentation temps.

Thanks a lot!

It looks like it will work as a fermenter if I can figure out how to get the freezer tray out (it's the type with refrigerant running through it).

Just be careful if you decide to bend it back. There are some videos on youtube that show people doing it, but if you kink or crack the hose, that fridge is shot.

Back