Navarre / Ft Walton beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking for a temp controller for a fridge or freezer you should build one with an STC-1000. I did that and all the parts cost me 40 bucks or less. it has the ability to heat and cool too! took me about 15-20 min to build it. hit me up if you need any help with it.

I'd like to do that for my little fridge. I've wired a pump to a switch. That's the extent if my electrical experience. What would I need.

I'd like to do that for my little fridge. I've wired a pump to a switch. That's the extent if my electrical experience. What would I need.

Here is the Thread with all of the info
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/

I do stuff like this for a living. Built a stir plate, wired up my temp controller. I have no problem helping out.
keezercntrl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I found this diagram that may help wire it up as well.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398278930.529823.jpg

I finished the taps today. Now I need a 4 way co2 manifold and I'll be finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Does anyone need a 15.5 sanke keg? I bought one last week but have decided I'm not building a keggle. I have the spear removed and soaking it in oxy clean. I will sell it for what I paid for it. $50

Would 15 gallons be excessive for 5 gallon batches? And do keggle take more time/gas to hest up than a lay other pot would?

It would be fine for 5 gallon batches. I use my 80qt pot for 5 gallon batches. I would prefer to have a smaller pot but it works fine.

STC-1000
outlet
outlet cover
project box from Radio Shack
3'-6'(depending on how long you want) wire with plug on end

use the wire from the wire with plug for inside wiring of box. took no time at all. I do wiring for a living, but it still is very simple if you follow the wiring schematic that was posted on here. PM me if you need more help and we can talk about it on phone if you need.

Everyone doing well down there? That is some nasty amount of rain you are getting. 1/3rd of annual rainfall in 1 day is pretty bad even if you are right on the water.

Everyone doing well down there? That is some nasty amount of rain you are getting. 1/3rd of annual rainfall in 1 day is pretty bad even if you are right on the water.

Luckily I'm high and dry. I'm hoping we stay that way! I was hoping to brew today but looks like I'll have to take a raincheck.... No pun intended.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Luckily my family is well. Flooding didn't reach our house, but some of my co-workers had some flooding. Did keg up beer, and dry hop another.

Anyone want to meet up on the 17th in FWB, or Destin. We can do it mid afternoon. I'll check and see if chan's wine world's new beer bar is open. That might be a cool place. If not I'm up for anywhere, and I'll bring what homebrew I have left.

Anyone want to meet up on the 17th in FWB, or Destin. We can do it mid afternoon. I'll check and see if chan's wine world's new beer bar is open. That might be a cool place. If not I'm up for anywhere, and I'll bring what homebrew I have left.

I'm off on Saturday but I don't know if I can make it out there.

Just leaving the brew day at hop heads. Going to grab a beer, or to salty duck, and or mellow mushroom. Hit me up if anyone is interested. It's 1400 now.

Just leaving the brew day at hop heads. Going to grab a beer, or to salty duck, and or mellow mushroom. Hit me up if anyone is interested. It's 1400 now.

What are you brewing today?

Didn't brew myself. Was picking up some hose and watched some other guys brew. I'm brewing a tripel next and probably a heffe after.

My keg is giving me he'll. racked too much hop particles and keeps clogging.

You have to be careful the way you say "picking up some hose" lol

Royal, my kegging operation has really taken off and I really don't bottle many batches. I think I have a few hundred bottles if you need any.
Not sure if you kept the kegerator or not. They're taking up space and swmbo doesn't like clutter. I'll get a count on what I can part with if you're interested.

I sold one kegerator and made a new one. I don't bottle much any more either. It's way too easy to keg and I think my beer tastes much better. Of course it's a little harder to share but my neighbors and I do a good job drinking it all.

Here's a picture of my new setup. I finished it last week and have brewed twice on it.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407807949.334569.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408330084.199797.jpg
Had a great brew day yesterday! I brewed 12 gallons of Scottish heavy 70/- .

I have a total of 40 gallons of beer at home now. I'm gonna need some help drinking it! Any volunteers?

ronjonacron;6319451]I'm cleaning out my garage and need to get rid of some of these bottles, I've got at least 100 of them, but they are dirty and have labels. I'm going to take them to the dump/recycling if no one wants them. I'll give it a day or two on here before I list them on craigslist. My single car garage can't handle my hobbies and three fridges. Tell your buddies. Bottles are all free. Have a couple cases of long necks a couple cases of guinness shaped ones

I'm in pace/milton.

ronjonacron;6319451]I'm cleaning out my garage and need to get rid of some of these bottles, I've got at least 100 of them, but they are dirty and have labels. I'm going to take them to the dump/recycling if no one wants them. I'll give it a day or two on here before I list them on craigslist. My single car garage can't handle my hobbies and three fridges. Tell your buddies. Bottles are all free. Have a couple cases of long necks a couple cases of guinness shaped ones

I'm in pace/milton.

Hey Ronjon. Thanks for the offer. I don't have any need for bottles but will let you know if I know of anyone.

I'm assuming that you are kegging and not bottling anymore.

Yeah, I picked up a 4 tap kegerator. I'll still bottle some things, but for the most part I'll just be kegging. And I have way more bottle than I'll need for the some things.

Yeah, I picked up a 4 tap kegerator. I'll still bottle some things, but for the most part I'll just be kegging. And I have way more bottle than I'll need for the some things.

That's great! The fun part is filling the kegerator... And then trying to empty it again!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409138735.277354.jpg

5?! Damn. Now I'm jealous

I only have 2 styles on tap in the fridge. Reapers mild and a blond ale. I have revvys Kentucky common kegged and in my laundry room and I have 12 gallons of Scottish heavy in the fermenters. I have to keg up the heavy soon since I'm doing my first lager. I need to keg it before I do the d rest.

I'm a transplant from Portland, Oregon and getting tired of shipping the good stuff out here. Would love to learn.

I'm by the High School.

I'm a transplant from Portland, Oregon and getting tired of shipping the good stuff out here. Would love to learn.

I'm by the High School.

Cool. I live on Lincoln rd not too far from you. I'd be more than happy to teach you. Plus I have 5 beers on tap!

Anyone brewed anything lately? I brewed a lager in august but still have a lot on hand so I haven't brewed since.

I been brewing like crazy, I need more kegs. Just bottled a dubbel, have an amber ready to go in the keg a Belgian abbey carbing up, and ingredients for an ipa. Plus 2 wines!

I been brewing like crazy, I need more kegs. Just bottled a dubbel, have an amber ready to go in the keg a Belgian abbey carbing up, and ingredients for an ipa. Plus 2 wines!

Wow that's great! I'm thinking about brewing another lager soon.

Anyone wanna trade a pin lock keg for a ball lock? My pin lock for your ball lock. I sized up poorly and the pin lock is a little to big to fit in with my other kegs.

Anyone wanna trade a pin lock keg for a ball lock? My pin lock for your ball lock. I sized up poorly and the pin lock is a little to big to fit in with my other kegs.

I will trade with you. I also have a 3 gallon if your interested.

Back