Navarre / Ft Walton beach

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royal1911

Reaction score
Any home brewers in navarre? I just moved to the area and I'm looking for some brew buddies.

I am over in northern Pensacola...i know a few around here, but i dont know anyone in Navarre.

I'm in Navarre. Just got into brewing over the Christmas break. Where abouts in Navarre are you?

I'm just off hwy 87 on turkey bluff. I'm taking a break from homebrewing at the moment. I found that I was drinking way too much homebrew!

Are you brewing extract or all grain?

I am literally right down the road from you. Off of 87 on Andorra. Like I said, I just started. Got a couple kits for Christmas and just bottled my first batch of Extract Irish Stout. I'd like to get into all grain, just haven't really read up on it enough to see what all its going to entail equipment wise.

I'm in Pensacola as well, but there is a fantastic supply shop in Ft. Walton where I get all my ingredients called Hop Heads, great people and they are going to brew tomorrow around 10. I believe they said they will have a band too.

I was just there today got my stuff to do an irish red. Really good people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm in Pensacola as well, but there is a fantastic supply shop in Ft. Walton where I get all my ingredients called Hop Heads, great people and they are going to brew tomorrow around 10. I believe they said they will have a band too.

I have to ask if you are in Pensacola why you don't go to Garys on Gulf beach Hwy? I have been to Hop Heads and while they are nice people, the prices are better at Garys. Him and his wife are pretty awesome too. If you haven't been there you should check them out!

Yes you got some bottles from me. I'm taking a little break from brewing but I think I'm gonna brew a little 2 gallon biab with my old me beer fermenters

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am literally right down the road from you. Off of 87 on Andorra. Like I said, I just started. Got a couple kits for Christmas and just bottled my first batch of Extract Irish Stout. I'd like to get into all grain, just haven't really read up on it enough to see what all its going to entail equipment wise.

Cool. Let me know when you want to do all grain. I'll be glad to help you out. I just got rid of some equipment but plan to do some small batches again soon.

I was just there today got my stuff to do an irish red. Really good people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Home Brew mobile app

How did your beer turn out? I'm back up and brewing again if you ever want to get together for a brew day.

Red came out awesome. I split the batch and did half with blackberry extract. Since then ive done an amber and a porter. Have an IPA going right now. Let me know when you're brewing again. Would love to learn the AG process.

Red came out awesome. I split the batch and did half with blackberry extract. Since then ive done an amber and a porter. Have an IPA going right now. Let me know when you're brewing again. Would love to learn the AG process.

I'm brewing right now. I have about 20 minutes left in the boil. I have a simple all grain set up and your welcome to brew with me anytime your ready. All grain really isn't complicated once you do it a couple of times. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396063612.663942.jpg

Sweet dude! I was gonna brew this weekend but I dont have enough water. We will definitely set something up.

Do you buy filtered water? I rigged up a portable water filter that works great. I think it cost about $40 to make. Once I hook my sink up I'm going to mount it to the wall over the sink.

Damn... I miss the beach down there. We lived down there for about 5 years. My wife's uncle is a fire chief down there. Must be time for all the spring festivals, parades and parties (Billy Bowlegs) etc. That's one thing we don't have here in the Midwest, parties for pirates. Just can't beat how beautiful the water is this time of year. .... I need a vacation!

Cool set up. I'm brewing next week. I've brewed about 5 batches here. I've tried mixing bottled and local water. It worked well, but I fill 5 gal jugs the day prior and treat it with campten(sp) tabs. That's worked the best. The water in niceville seems to have a strong chlorine smell to it.

Yeah I buy filtered water. I used my tap water for my very first batch and it seemed to be fine. It was a stout though. Portable filter sounds like a great idea. Might do that when I get my brew filter setup.

Cool set up. I'm brewing next week. I've brewed about 5 batches here. I've tried mixing bottled and local water. It worked well, but I fill 5 gal jugs the day prior and treat it with campten(sp) tabs. That's worked the best. The water in niceville seems to have a strong chlorine smell to it.

Yes our water in Navarre is pretty chlorinated. I haven't had any issues with my filter and haven't had to add any additives to the water. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396107470.262948.jpg

Anyone have any extra kegs? Damn im tired of bottling. And i overcarbed 2 batches with a silly math error. /Endrant. Bout to dryhop my amarillo/simcoe iipa, then i think im going to do a wheat of somekind. Maybe a nice belgian pale ale. Who knows, i want two more kegs (to total 4) in action. I thin that will be an ok variety and then bottle special beers. This is all relevant because i live in milton. And i started BIAB because seckert said all the cool kids were doing it. Turns out I like it.

Hops heads in ft Walton has pin lock kegs at a reasonable price. I'm going later today and will let you know how much they are. I think around $40.

I sold mine a few months back because I tend to drink way too much when it's on tap!

Its easier for me to draw a half pint than to not open another bottle. That would be awesome on the heads up. The shady lady is 50/60 for pin/ball locks. And garys homebrew is only carrying brand new.

It's the half pints that get me. Half pint, half pint, half pint etc. If I have too many bottles lined up my wife will cut me off. It's harder to keep up with the kegs.

I wrote a place about bulk buying ball lock kegs. We'll if they write back. I read a guy who ordered from the place and it came out to like 40 a keg. We'll see though.

That's a good idea. I probably need to get back into kegging. I had it down to an art. 3 weeks from grain to glass in most of my beers. I try to brew in the 4% abv range.

I just started kegging and so glad that I made the move. Built a keezer a couple weeks ago. Im about to dry hop my ipa all pacific gem hops. Man it smells amazing already and I just brewed it last friday.

That's great. It's a lot easier than bottling. I just brewed edworts haus ale last night. I have grains for one more recipe. I may brew it on Wednesday when I'm off work.

I wrote a place about bulk buying ball lock kegs. We'll if they write back. I read a guy who ordered from the place and it came out to like 40 a keg. We'll see though.

If you guys are going to be getting cheap ball lock kegs. let me know. I need one more. I am moving in a couple months though so hopefully its soon!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396490330.371298.jpg

I just got this off craigslist tonight. Looks like I'm back to kegging!

Ash, I got the green light for a brew day on Saturday if you want to do an all grain brew.

Yes it was the guy in gulf breeze. I've reposted all the other times since I don't need them.

Anyone have any extra kegs? Damn im tired of bottling. And i overcarbed 2 batches with a silly math error. /Endrant. Bout to dryhop my amarillo/simcoe iipa, then i think im going to do a wheat of somekind. Maybe a nice belgian pale ale. Who knows, i want two more kegs (to total 4) in action. I thin that will be an ok variety and then bottle special beers. This is all relevant because i live in milton. And i started BIAB because seckert said all the cool kids were doing it. Turns out I like it.

Biab is great. I did a few 2 gallon batches a while back and they turned out great.

Back