Nashua

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manchvegas

ForumRunner_20120625_211950.jpg

Moving to Nashua this month. Should start moving in on the 15th. What do you guys do for brewing water? I have a filter I've made (modified from the BYO DIY edition) that I've been using on Sudbury water (where my brew-buddy lives). I'm thinking about installing an under the sink filter system to use for drinking/cooking (been using one for ages). If it doesn't need to filter out much, then the cartridges will last much longer there.

I live in Nashua and I don't filter at all for brewing. Everyone loves my brews so you should be all set. I do use a pure water jug for the regular drinking water that is in for fridge!

I'll probably do the water filter, under the sink, again then. I use that now to filter the water I drink, or cook with. I might rig up the dual filter I've been using under the sink where I am now, for brewing, and have a new one under the kitchen sink. I might leave the other filter I made for my brew-buddy to use.

Welcome to Nashua. Martha's Exchange on Main St. has great beers. I work in Lexington, Ma and live in Nashua. Anyone here a member of the Brew Free or Die Club? Their meetings on Friday nights are brutal for me to fit into the schedule. Wished they met on any other week night, but I'd like to hear back from someone that attends. Mort

Hey Golddiggie welcome to New Hampsha, I'm also from Natick. I left Natick back in 1974 and haven't had the desire to move back except for a 2 year stint while I attended U-Mass Amherst, I live in Fitzwilliam now and love it!

Had a plumbah install my whata filta system today (under the sink). :eek: Gives me far better water than out of the faucet. Now, I just need to decide what to brew, and which day (either during the week, or coming weekend) I'll be brewing.

On the plus side, I'm closer to my sister and mother now. Cut the drive time in about half since they live in Methuen (or Lawrence Lite).

Good Deal.

Anyone have interest in buying a couple of Carboys off of me? Now that all of my equipment is in one place I realize I have too much stuff. Would like to sell 2 of them. 5gals. 25 bucks a piece? Not even sure what the going rate is at this point for them.

Not interested in the carboys, sorry. I have two 5 gallon and one 3 gallon sitting in my basement right now. Not sure if I'll ever use them again, for anything. IF I do use them, chances are it will be for mead, or something other than beer. Although the chances of anything, besides base water, going into them is rather slim. I'm finding that I really like fermenting, and aging, in my converted sanke kegs.

I do have a Blichmann AutoSparge that I'm removing from my keg mash tun. If anyone's interested in buying that, PM me. I have the original hardware for it, plus a longer rod to connect the float. I found that the included, 6" rod was too short for my 'normal' batches (or under about 20# of grain). So, I found out the size rod needed and got some. Cut a section for use with it and didn't look back. I think I even have some of the rod left, so I could cut different lengths of it (if needed).

Good Deal.

Anyone have interest in buying a couple of Carboys off of me? Now that all of my equipment is in one place I realize I have too much stuff. Would like to sell 2 of them. 5gals. 25 bucks a piece? Not even sure what the going rate is at this point for them.

Hi Joe.

I live in Nashua, and have been looking for some 6 to 6.5 gallon carboys, but if you want $20 each for them, I'll take 'em.

Just finished reading your monsterator post during lunch. Man, what an epic journey, ending in...well, I won't ruin it for anyone else that may want to go along for the ride.

Yeah, that was quite depressing. Ultimately it's been ok for me as I haven't really brewed much in the past year. Haven't had time. I already sold a couple of carboys since posting, so I'm all set now. Thanks though!

hudson nh here and looking to get together with new brewers. let me know if anyone is interested!

I'd be interested in getting together. Always easier to brew when there's a few sets of hands.

I used to brew once a week with some friends in Maine, and we had it down like clockwork. We split the cost of batches, and always had plenty of homebrew and styles to keep things interesting.

I'll be brewing either this weekend or next. All depends on when the sink gets installed in the basement and I finish the exhaust system so that I can brew down there.

If anyone wants to scoot over to check out my setup/rig, let me know (PM me)... :D

Hi Carusoat, welcome! I'm located in New Ipswich. Just south of.... well, just east of... um, just west of..... Actually in the middle of nowhere!

Welcome to the north, Bulls! Not too far a cry from the tropical south you where you live now.

Hi Carusoat, welcome! I'm located in New Ipswich. Just south of.... well, just east of... um, just west of..... Actually in the middle of nowhere!

Welcome to the north, Bulls! Not too far a cry from the tropical south you where you live now.

New ipswich here too....you got that right about the middle of nowhere!!

Yea it's good to find another brewer right in town!!

I just finished my basement bar too!

I'm in Mont Vernon. On a well and have a filtering and softener system. Water is pretty clean of anything and works well.

Just moved back to NH, in Windham now. Grew up in New Boston/ Amherst when I was younger.

Amherst is where I'm looking. Now if only I can find something that I like. Hollis maybe and third choice would be Merrimack. I was looking at Bedford, but it's a little too far north for me, plus I really don't want to live next to Manchester.

Amherst is where I'm looking. Now if only I can find something that I like. Hollis maybe and third choice would be Merrimack. I was looking at Bedford, but it's a little too far north for me, plus I really don't want to live next to Manchester.

Are you looking to move somewhere? Where do you work. Windham was a great option for us, because it's 10-15 minutes to nashua, 15 minutes to manchester, right next to salem/over the border on 93, and we commute to burlington ma. Plus the schools are good.

Back