Nascar! Anybody else follow it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemidoc

Reaction score
I like this new Chase format.
It's like a real play-off.
Not so good for Dale Jimmie Jeff or Brad this week though.

Absolutely hate the new format...and well hate the chase period. I get wins should be worth more points but you can get lucky and win. Consistency is what should lead to a champion. To me it seems NASCAR is dying and all the changes aren't helping. You look at the stands and they are empty. My wife and I usually get to a race or two a year and you can tell attendance has really went down.

But my hopes for this year is that somebody who hasn't won a race at all wins the championship because it's still physically possible with Kenseth and Newman still in it and not having won.

I love Nascar. I am not sure about this new chase format but will wait and see what happens. If one bad race takes out Jr., Jimmie, Jeff and Brad, that would be bad.

I don't agree with Blaster that Nascar is dying. I also don't see that the stands are half empty. I haven't gone to a race in decades so I don't have any first hand experience, but they look fairly full on TV. Also, TV contributes far more to the sport's revenue than seats at the track do.

Malticulous As to the Homestead finale. How would that be different than an NFL wildcard team beating an undefeated team in the Superbowl? It could happen.

I'm a Stewart fan and am pretty sure he hit that dude on purpose (it's pretty clear in the video if ask me).

I started this thread for fun.
Someone posted slander or liable.
Not cool. I won't quote them.
Back to topic:
Yeah Brad Jimmie and the like won a bunch of races this year but can they get it done in clutch time?
Kinda like how the Patriots went 16 and 0 then lost to the Giants who were a wild card team.
The Giants won three road games and beat an undefeated team. :mug:

I liked NASCAR more when they were stock cars modified for competition. These new silhouette cars just made'em too damned expensive. Then format changes? I don't get it?...

We've been going to a cpl races a year for several years now: Talledega (Spring) and Atlanta (Labor Day - now moving to Mar). We were even lucky enough to be selected to join Kasey Kahne in Victory Lane at Atlanta this year.

The Chase is just another way for NASCAR to generate interest, discussion, passion, etc. I am for anyone without the last name Busch.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

In my day, the giants were Fireball Roberts, Freddy Lorenzen, King Richard, Cotton Owens, David Pearson, among others. Tiger Tom Pistone. And the greatest short track driver ever, Armond Holley Sr!

Latest posts

Back