Nano Brewery Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklawmusic

Reaction score
I'm in the process of setting up a nano brewery in my house in the UK. I have a license from HMRC to sell my produce, but - in order to make my hobby business financially viable (that is, not to make a loss!), I would need to brew (and sell) more than 5 gallon batches at a time.

My house is a small terrance and I have been doing stove top brewing so far (BIAB).

What equipment would I need in order to move to making 10+ gallons, half a barrel or even one brewer's barrel? As I have no room to burn gas/propane outdoors, I'm guessing I would need to go electric.

What setups do people have (if any) like this?

Also, on the subject of fermentors, how would you regulate temperature on a conical fermentor? Are there any out there (not SS Brewtech though) that have temp controls on them?

Just wanting an idea at the moment as, if I am going to upgrade, I want to know what the best options are for my home situation and the cost as I can feel some crowd funding coming on.

Thanks,
Nick

02C78197-937D-4164-BC67-9944E5D73451_zpsa9uwv3vl.jpg

i dont sell but 25 gal would be easy in my set up. i think what you need to look at is fermenting vessels and sizes that might be your bottle neck. us the search function for "going pro"

02C78197-937D-4164-BC67-9944E5D73451_zpsa9uwv3vl.jpg

i dont sell but 25 gal would be easy in my set up. i think what you need to look at is fermenting vessels and sizes that might be your bottle neck. us the search function for "going pro"

I bet this set-up cost more than the first three cars I owned, combined!

Awesome looking brewery!

I'm in the process of setting up a nano brewery in my house in the UK. I have a license from HMRC to sell my produce, but - in order to make my hobby business financially viable (that is, not to make a loss!), I would need to brew (and sell) more than 5 gallon batches at a time.

My house is a small terrance and I have been doing stove top brewing so far (BIAB).

What equipment would I need in order to move to making 10+ gallons, half a barrel or even one brewer's barrel? As I have no room to burn gas/propane outdoors, I'm guessing I would need to go electric.

What setups do people have (if any) like this?

Also, on the subject of fermentors, how would you regulate temperature on a conical fermentor? Are there any out there (not SS Brewtech though) that have temp controls on them?

Just wanting an idea at the moment as, if I am going to upgrade, I want to know what the best options are for my home situation and the cost as I can feel some crowd funding coming on.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi Nick,

just wondering how you got on with this?

I to am looking to set up a nanobrewery from home, so if you would be able to point me in the right direction for legislation, forms and the like it'd be much appreciated.

I've trawled the web but have found nowt much in terms of useful info on brewing professionally from home.

Cheers,

Alex

If you are handy a lot can be built yourself. The heating elements are available online(can your wiring support 20 amps at 240 volts for a medium kettle(or more,I would have to see what people are using for burners))? That is the first thing you need to check out if you can't use a gas burner. Or maybe find someone with a spot in an outdoor shed you can rent and turn into a brewery.

I bet this set-up cost more than the first three cars I owned, combined!

Awesome looking brewery!

Back