Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes.

landscape2222.jpg

Was going through my pictures and realized I had a few good ones for this thread.
Picture #1
D1EC2895-A1F1-4E72-8F91-72DC5B9CC606.jpeg

Picture #2
16417ED4-367E-4DE4-BF4A-BD326C946954.jpeg

These pictures aren’t related or even near each other. Hopefully I’m playing along correctly.

Unfortunately, you are not! 😆

The way the game works is that whoever guesses correctly posts the next photo. Right now, it's @bruce_the_loon's turn, and his photo is posted just above yours. Take a guess, and if you're correct, you'll be up next!
🤣🤣 Now I get it. Guess I should of read through the thread a little. My bad. 😂

I had an advantage: I live only an hour and a half from Palmyra. Palmyra, Illinois, that is. It sticks with me because longer ago than I care to remember I sold Chevrolet medium duty trucks, and Smokey Jennings Chevrolet in Palmyra was a big center for trucks.

Here's an historic city that still exists:

2012.JPG

Well we're obviously in one of the historic bits of Russia or thereabouts, so let's say Novgorod.

Yes, Russia, but not Novgorod. (Newer that that. :D) Here's another site in this city:
2012.2.JPG

Last edited:
When I said historic, I didn't mean ancient. Boston, MA, is older than this Russian city. Another picture:
2012.3.JPG

I was in Surfers Paradise in 1980 and my buddy and I went to a beer garden there. It was obviously not as built up back then. When we left the beer garden, I agreed to drive us back to Burleigh Heads where we were staying. Because I'd have a few beers at the beer garden, I was worried that I would accidently drive on the wrong side of the road. As I pulled out of the parking lot, I was very careful to stay to the left side of the road. Nevertheless, the people driving the other way kept honking their horns and yelling at me. After a few blocks, we realized I was driving the wrong way on a one way street. Oops.

Here you go.

Place 5.jpg

Back