Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skagway, Alaska

On second thought that can't be right, Skagway would be all frozen right now. But it looks that way in the summer.

Last edited:
I took this in 2007, but I doubt's changed much
2007.JPG

No, it's a different famous hotel and mountain. Correct country, though.
We were at the Broadmoor in 1970. That's the Broadmoor down there from up on Cheyenne Mountain:

Broadmoor.png

Last edited:
Yes, although I didn't know (or forgot) it was owned by Omni. Famous for the Bretton Woods Conference.
You're up @kh54s10.

Last edited:
Okay, good hint. One of my sons lived in Jamestown, RI, for a bit, and we visited there. We went swimming (or the grandkids did) at Mackerel Cove Beach on Beavertail Road.
Beavertail State Park, Rhode Island.

Last edited:
kh54s10, since it's only a couple of bridges away: if you're in Newport, you can visit my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandfather's grave marker on Coggeshall Ave. in Newport. (Or at least peek at it through the gate.) John Coggeshall l was his name.

Let's try where this cannon is:
Cannon2014.png

Last edited:
If it's what I think, I've been there on one of our trips to D.C. Washington National Cathedral, Washington, D.C.

I didn't see it from the angle of the picture. Think we approached from the right side somehow.
(Edit: Now I remember. There's a beautiful garden on the side.)
Anyway here's another place on a hill:
2015..JPG

Last edited:
St. Germanus
I'll give it to you - St. Germain l'Auxerrois, adjacent to the Louvre. Was on travel for work in Germany, and with the weekend off, took the HST into Paris, so had about 36 hours in the city. Absolutely loved it. Sat. vigil Mass at that church. You're up, Govner1!

Okay, I'm running out of skyline type pictures from this city. Maybe this picture of a pedestrian street will help:

street.JPG

Almaty it is. It may be evident from the last picture that we were there in 2016 because that was where the grandchildren were at the time. You're up @3 Dawg Night.

Last edited:
Back