Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arnobg

Reaction score
Ran into the idea for this game on another forum unrelated to brewing and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

The rules are simple:

1. The first person to correctly guess what skyline is posted will post a photo of a skyline that they choose, once the person confirms the guess is correct.

2. There are no limitations on where the city is or the size of the city. There are people from different countries on this forum so it will make it diverse.

3. If nobody can guess for an extended period such as a few days, then the poster can give hints to keep people guessing, or just reveal the answer and let someone else post.

4. This is an honor system here so let's keep it fair and fun for everyone. No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL, or any other method.

I will start with this photo I took during a trip last month. It is in the U.S.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1467577187.000914.jpg

really obscure....

image.jpeg

Brooooo...

"No cheating by using SEARCH GOOGLE FOR IMAGE or looking at the IMAGE URL"

But, no. Not Myrtle Beach

I've never been to a city that has a ferris wheel so I had try to cheat!!!

The ferris wheel might be made by the same company, it looks the same?!?!?

I'm glad this game is moving now. My guess was also going to be Atlantic City which I see is wrong.

I looked at the image URL because I wanted to know the answer so I'm not going to answer again for this one, not fun when you cheat.

I think I've figured out where this is now, because I finally remembered my sisters going on Spring Break from Central Michigan University one year and coming back with a ton of snapshots, several of which showed a Ferris Wheel near a beach. I'm going to say Pensacola Florida.

Nope. People posted but havent gotten it right

Ah, woops, I got confused with the chain of posts.

I'm gonna guess Austria. My wife rode on (what she said was) the tallest ferris wheel in the world there. Not sure what city it's in, but I'll guess Vienna. Not cheating, promise. Looking at it now, it doesn't look anything like Europe, and I've never been there, so it's probably a stupid guess.

Okay guys the poster of the original waterfront city (San Diego) never confirmed it was correct. I'm only trying to follow this procedure because I've played this game before on other forums and things get carried on and someone ends up being wrong making a mess of the order.

Try to let the person answer that it is correct from now on before posting something.

Anyways carry on!

As for my guess, Delaware Memorial Bridge near Baltimore???

Okay guys the poster of the original waterfront city (San Diego) never confirmed it was correct. I'm only trying to follow this procedure because I've played this game before on other forums and things get carried on and someone ends up being wrong making a mess of the order.

Try to let the person answer that it is correct from now on before posting something.

Anyways carry on!

As for my guess, Delaware Memorial Bridge near Baltimore???

Sorry, that was me, and yes it was San Diego.

Back