Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cmac62 has it with some nice Google-fu. It is, indeed, Charles Schwab Field in Omaha, Nebraska, home of the College World Series. I chose that "skyline" just to point out that Mississippi State is the reigning National Champion until June 26/27.
hailstate.png

i really don't know but for some reason, this is another building i swear i remember from my childhood in san diego....i can almost taste the steps walking up them at 6 years old....

I thought it looked like one of those mission style California University buildings you see all the time, so I Googled "California University mission bell tower:
1.png

So I Googled "Camarillo university building:"
2.png

When I clicked on that it explains that it's the Bell Tower Building of California State University Channel Islands and was once part of the Camarillo State Mental Hospital. Camarillo, CA.

I'm hoping that @bracconiere is remembering a different building.:)

Here's a tower (and a bell tower) from a place we visited in 2017. If you've been there, you'll probably recognize it.
2017.png

(Reminds self to check signs for easy clues)

Yes. And not a decoy. Ankara castle and citadel, Turkey. Which apparently wants to be called Türkiye as of this week. This is from another memorable work meeting, in 2019, in innocent, pre-pandemic times.

I Googled "totem weather vane" and got this:
1.png

and I got some interesting reading. We were in Lithuania for a few days once, but we didn't see those vanes.
Prella, Lithuania.

Last edited:
Yes! Right on the Lithuanian border with the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad. Nida has beautiful beaches and sand dunes, and was an area formerly restricted to the Soviet higher-ups. These weathervanes go back to when this area was part of East Prussia, which Germany lost to Poland and the Soviet Union in WW2. I was lucky to be there last year. You're up @D.B.Moody.

Attachments

• 1ED9ABC9-5404-4BF6-A27C-7F202F8BD4F4.png
    1ED9ABC9-5404-4BF6-A27C-7F202F8BD4F4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
The road signage gave it away. What an unoriginal name and who the heck watches the Super Bowl hereabouts?

I didn't have a wide enough lens for this one. Two views to help.
itsreallybig - 2.jpeg
itsreallybig - 1.jpeg

Dang, seemed like a great guess. Hawaii came to mind but the rock type is wrong, doesn't look volcanic and doesn't look like a lava tube.

Started thinking of other places on the Mediterannean but thaty aren't a "very very long way away".

Hmmm

New Zealand is a long way from Greece. This can be found by Googling "sea cave New Zealand":)

Edit: I should have had "very, very" in that, @tracer bullet.

Last edited:
Back