Name my RIS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which name do you prefer for a RIS that will be opened on 12-21-2012, winter solstice

• The Longest of Nights

• The Darkest of Nights

Results are only viewable after voting.

mrfocus

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I just threw my RIS into the primary on an Oatmeal Stout (US-05) yeast cake.

Now I've been thinking of this beer for a while (I've wanted to do the 8-8-8 RIS since that topic started, this one is based on it with a higher alcohol percentage) and I've come up with two names.

This is going to be about 12% alcohol, and I would like to let it age a while. I want to open the first bottle on 12-21-2012 (ha!).

As for both names, they're based on the winter solstice being the day with the shortest sunlight. So please vote on which name you prefer.

Thanks,

mrfocus

Unless it is immediately prefaced with a reference to lots of beer or women, the phrase "a long night" has a negative connotation to me. Just my $0.02

Isn't that date close to when the world is supposed to end? I would just go ahead and call it end of days or something like that haha

Back