Mystery Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenSeaScourge

Reaction score
um...i found a full carboy of beer in a little used closet at my house. not really sure what it even is or when i brewed it (had to have been at least a year). it was definitely in secondary and there's still liquid in the airlock....also, there's a pretty nasty looking layer of dead yeast on the bottom of the carboy (but nothing that looks like an infection)...

...i posted a previous thread with a bunch of noob keg questions and i figure that kegging this brew would be the perfect chance to get some practice. any reason that i shouldn't, even if the beer has been on the yeast for God knows how long?

Best bet would be to try to transfer as much as possible without moving the secondary. A friend of mine made a batch of hard lemonade for his friend. He brewed it, cooled it, pitched yeast, put in an ale pale? Airlocked it and brought it to his friend's house...where it sat for almost 3 years in a closet, never bottled...he was over there last year at a party and found it...right where he had left it. Well, they got some cups out and scooped it off the top. He said it was the best tasting one he'd ever made.
The key is to not stir up the cake on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back