My way to document my craft beer journey. Constructive criticism appreciated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchbrewer

Reaction score
I decided to post it as a log on Twitter. For me to remember it but also hopefully to be able to interact with people. What do you think about this idea?

https://twitter.com/MGebe44/status/1116884445674520576?s=09
1555120917984.jpeg

You're going to miss a lot of people. I've never been a Twitter follower, for a number of reasons, so it would bypass people like me.

It's unclear what, exactly, you're documenting, and how it might be different than people recording and rating beers on sites like Ratebeer.

Is this about simply giving your opinion on various beers? Not to be too harsh, but why would anyone choose to follow you as opposed to any of 100,000 other people?

If you truly want to document your sampling of various craft beers, it may be more useful to do it on something like Ratebeer, where you could call up, possibly search, and otherwise have a rating system to remind you of what you thought about various beers.

Taste is subjective, and another data point on beer tasting won't be much helpful. I'm not sure what your posts bring to the table that Beer Advocate, Ratebeer, et al., don't already do on a larger, and more statistically-valid scale. That said, your tweets may be enjoyed by your circle of friends, and that might be the extent of it. Keep it within that scope, encourage some back-and-forth by your beer geek buddies and it might be kind of cool.

Taste is subjective, and another data point on beer tasting won't be much helpful. I'm not sure what your posts bring to the table that Beer Advocate, Ratebeer, et al., don't already do on a larger, and more statistically-valid scale. That said, your tweets may be enjoyed by your circle of friends, and that might be the extent of it. Keep it within that scope, encourage some back-and-forth by your beer geek buddies and it might be kind of cool.
I agree on your point but I miss the interaction on those plateforms... Maybe I missed a point in them?

Back