My Stand for my 3 keg system Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenJamaal

Reaction score
This weekend I started to build a stand for my kegs to sit on I have already welded it together out of 2x2x1/4" angle bar. I have seen others keg frames are made out of square tube. I have also used 3/8 nuts and bolts on my four legs with a custom made support to the water weight. I sat on it and it didn't crush or move any ideas.

No man it doesn't wobble I stand on it the reason I ask is because the local homebrew store guy Tim told me that my Keggles need holes in the bottom of the keg not keg where I will put my burners, but the support around the keg. He said if there were'nt holes there it the heat could make the stainless build heat and start to melt!

No man it doesn't wobble I stand on it the reason I ask is because the local homebrew store guy Tim told me that my Keggles need holes in the bottom of the keg not keg where I will put my burners, but the support around the keg. He said if there were'nt holes there it the heat could make the stainless build heat and start to melt!

I don't understand exactly what you're saying, so forgive me if I've guessed wrong. Punctuation would help us oldtimers.

You DO need holes in the bottom of your keggles. But it doesn't have anything to do with the stand, or melting.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/warning-keggle-owners-please-read-41422/

All you have to do is drill some "vent holes" in the bottom "lip" or rim of the keg.

Back