My son peed in his ear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawksBrewer

Reaction score
So my wife and I have 3 week old twins, a boy and a girl. Life is amazing. When she pees on the changing table, no big deal. I just change the cover and continue on with life as usual.

Over the weekend I was changing my son and he peed in his ear. I cleaned him up the best I could, got him sleeping and cracked a Sixpoint Resin to relax.

As an ear doctor I have seen many strange entities in people's ears, but this was a first. Talk about good aim though.

Had to share, sorry. Cheers. :tank:

congrats on the little ones :)

i LOL'd at the story, though. reminds me how i somehow frequently manage to spit in my own eye (when trying to make it out the car window) haha.

Glad you are an ear dr and not some first time parent freaking about a possibly deafening ear infection.

The face he made when the stream first hit the side of his face was priceless. My face was likely eerily similar.

HawksBrewer said:
As an ear doctor I have seen many strange entities in people's ears, but this was a first. Talk about good aim though.

Had to share, sorry. Cheers. :tank:

Ok, I'll bite. What strange entities have you found in people's ears? And congrats on the twins.

Funny! If your son is like mine were, this will not be the last thing that gets an unexpected shower.

Ok, I'll bite. What strange entities have you found in people's ears? And congrats on the twins.

Beeds, q-tip heads, hearing aid parts, part of a broken bobby pin once, and then there are always the stories of insects, but I've never seen any first hand.

If you want to see something messed up google "china spider in woman's ear" and you will probably gag at least once, and then imagine it as your ear at least once. Enjoy. :ban:

My son's first act in life was peeing all over the recieving nurse. She dodged on the first stream only to be hit square on the chin by the second. I was so delerious after staying up for 18 hours of my wife's labor after working for nearly 40 hours straight, I almost passed out from laughing too hard. Congrats on the twins.

My son's first act in life was peeing all over the recieving nurse. She dodged on the first stream only to be hit square on the chin by the second. I was so delerious after staying up for 18 hours of my wife's labor after working for nearly 40 hours straight, I almost passed out from laughing too hard. Congrats on the twins.

and my son's first act in HIS life was strafing ME as the Dr. was passing him over to the receiving nurse. We did not find out if it was a boy or girl ahead of time and I was SURE it was a girl. I therefore did not register the strafing as my exhausted mind was trying to comprehend why my newly-born daughter had boy parts :)

Yup,you're not a dad till you get it in the face while changing him. I got fast hands,thank God...

I had a girl first. I didn't have any idea that boys would pee on me when cold air hit their special senstitive parts. And even after the first time, when you would think I knew better, well, um, no.

I was laughing at the title, nevermind making it in to see the contents of the thread. Reminds me of a guy I work with. He's from Sudan and when I ask him what he said (because he has an accent, not because I can't hear) he tells me to have someone pee in my ears. Apparently, in Sudan that's what you do to clean your ears out. He tells me I'll be able to hear people whispering in the next room over. Haven't confirmed it yet.

Congrats on the twins. Life is precious even though it may not seem that way during the sleep deprived phase.

Thanks for sharing the laugh. Sounds like you've got the makings for the name of a new brew. I'd call it: "Sounds like Bud Light"

Sounds like you've got the makings for the name of a new brew. I'd call it: "Sounds like Bud Light"

I was dying when I read this. Definitely need to make some yellow fizzy beer to commend him on his lack of urinary deficiencies.

I've got two boys and someone once gave us a gift of peepee teepees. Look them up on amazon. We never really used them but they are funny.

My son peed on his head a couple of times when he was an infant. One of those times it damn near went in his nose. He almost got the ceiling once too and we have 9' ceilings. Had some serious back pressure going on this tank. Congrats on the little ones. And take this advice with you. When you unfasten the diaper lift the front slowly. 9 times out of 10, my son would start peeing and I was able to shield it with the diaper. Ah....memories.

Do you think he was aiming for his ear? No, he was aiming for YOU.

Cute Baby: "Who is this guy messing around with my thingy? I'll show him!!

Darn, missed. I'll get him next time.

I've got two boys and someone once gave us a gift of peepee teepees. Look them up on amazon. We never really used them but they are funny.

I actually joked w/ my wife that we should get one of those! I usually use the diaper to shield, but at some point you have to switch them... I need to get faster.

When i was a kid i got an uncooked pinto bean stuck in my ear.
I have also had a fly stuck in my nose, not just my nasal passage but my nasal cavity the part way up there between your eyes. It was alive for 2 hrs...

Latest posts

Back