My kid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamaki

Reaction score
Knocked off work a little early today, coming down with a cold or the flu - feeling kinda puny. Got home & did my evening chores, fed the livestock, split a little firewood, and pulled a pint of BCB IPA to settle in front of the fire to rest & recuperate.

My youngest came home about that time from junior college and started to talk my ear off about school (as usual). He's a music major and started fooling around on the piano to illustrate what he was talking about.

When he was two he was a curly headed boy ramming his tricycle into my ankle and laughing at my pain. When he was ten we had to meet with his elementary school teacher because he was goofing off in class. Now he's talking to me about the differences between Haydn & Mozart (sp?) and playing piano for me so that even I can understand. I sat for over an hour listening to what seemed to me like magic.

I can't play twinkle twinkle little star but listening to my boy playing Beethoven or Bach always makes my eyes a little misty. I get frustrated sometimes trying to help him "get" algebra or showing him for the umpteenth time how to change the oil in his car but times like this evening more than make up for all the tribulations of raising a kid. And yes, the IPA does help me appreciate the important things in my life.

What's your kid do that totally amazes you?

Congratulations on a great relationship!

I have one son who was always pig-headed and argued about everything. But, right after high school, he went to try to become a Monk in a Benedictine monastery! He's been there for six months so far, but even if he doesn't stay, that'll be the most amazing thing I could imagine.

Sent using the Home Brew App.

I'm amazed at the amount of joy both my children can obtain on a regular basis simply by stripping down and being naked. They'll be 25 and 36 this year

Or, maybe they're 5 and 2.

Pretty much everything they do amazes me. The oldest is 13 and she is pretty into playing her piano too. Getting really good at it. My middle daughter is brave as hell and too smart for her own good. Then my 3 year old boy has problem solving skills that blows my mind. Congrats on having a good relationship with yours.

ours are only 3 & 6. but the 6 y/o has a very good grasp on logic and listens more than I usually realize. our 3 y/o is just wild & tough as hell.

My three kids are all grown and self-sufficient. They are independent thinkers, open minded, and happy.

My son was a royal nightmare as a child, but he's been able to channel his energy in positive ways. He and his wife bought their first house a week after they both turned 22, and have spent the past three years renovating.

My youngest works three jobs, attends college, and does a fantastic job raising her son.

My firstborn has decided to be a "green" house cleaner lady rather than use her education in teaching. She's got lots of artistic, well spoken, fun friends, and a somewhat unconventional outlook on life.

I really enjoy my kids more now that they're adults! :)

Back