My Old Kentucky Homebrew is OPEN!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Store Hours:

Tue-Fri 11-7
Sat 10-7
Sun 2-7

Closed on Mondays

For all of you in the Louisville/Southern IN area. My Old Kentucky Homebrew is now open. We are located at 1437 Story Ave. If you are coming from I64E get off on the Story Ave Exit, take a right and we're right there at the first light. From I64W get off at Mellwood, take an immediate left on to Frankfort, another left onto Story and we're right there at the next light.

Ingredients for malt-extract and all-grain brews. Basic and advanced equipment, wine ingredients and equipment.

Over 30 varieties of hops including Bravo, Apollo and Zeus all +15% AA.

Free weekly intro to brewing classes on Wednesdays starting at 7:00. Come and watch a 5-gallon malt extract batch be prepared and ask questions along the way.

Please send an email to [email protected] and I will be sending out a monthly newsletter. We will be updating our website very soon too. My Old Kentucky Homebrew - COMING SOON

I will definitely stop by whenever I go to Louisville. I wish Lexington had a Homebrew store.

I plan on stopping in tomorrow on my way to Lexitucky.

EDIT: I think I found a problem on your website. Your ZIP is shown as 40204... which I tried in my GPS and could not find the street. So I GOOGLED it, it is actually 40206... that is where Google locates the store and where my GPS locates it.

Nice meeting you today Paul. Thanks for the tip on bottling my kegged beer for competitions! I will be in on Sunday on my way back to Indy, need a picnic tap and perhaps one of those 50lb bags of 2 row sitting in there. $41 sounds good to me!

SWMBO knows that she will be hauling sacks of 2 row home now when she comes to Lexington to see her folks!

Thanks for the chat, and we will see ya soon!

THE Pol

Stopped in when I was home for Xmas. Picked up a sack of grain, some random parts and some hops. Paul was very helpful, wish I still lived in the Ville and this was my LHBS!

Yea every time I'm in Louisville I stop by. He put together a 250lb grain order for me for a great price. Had it 2 days later (shipments come Tuesdays I believe). Great guy, great place. I might be moving back to Louisville this summer so I will definitely become a regular there.

I've been in a few times, Paul is a nice guy. I'm probably going to stock up on bottles there soon, I somehow have brewed too much beer. Well, not too much...

I wish Lexington had a Homebrew store.

You and me both.

I'll be up to L-ville in about a month. Can't wait to check it out. Liquor Barn has really stepped up their game in the HomeBrew department, though, so I've survived this long.

Hey we do now!
Lexington Brewworks sells homebrew supplies and we have 12 taps (I work there homebrew section during the days). The grand opening was Friday, and we open at noon on weekdays, 11 on the weekends.

You and me both.

I'll be up to L-ville in about a month. Can't wait to check it out. Liquor Barn has really stepped up their game in the HomeBrew department, though, so I've survived this long.

Certain stores are good, others are not. I used to work at the Hamburg location.

Hey we do now!
Lexington Brewworks sells homebrew supplies and we have 12 taps (I work there homebrew section during the days). The grand opening was Friday, and we open at noon on weekdays, 11 on the weekends.

Can't wait to stop by all the new beer places in and around Lex. I moved back to Louisville and now they're popping up everywhere.

As for the topic at hand, My Old Kentucky Homebrew, and Paul, are great. Highly recommended. My only complaint is that i'm not close enough :D

Hey we do now!

Wow, I missed this post somehow. Although, I feel bad hijacking another promotional thread. I will have to check both places out.

Certain stores are good, others are not. I used to work at the Hamburg location.

I work over at the Beaumont location and was a mess, but I've tried to make it better since being thrown in the home brew section. Or at least I hope it is, its really hard to get anything productive done at that place.

Back