My nephew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so I went into my local homebrew shop today and bought some nottingham brewing yeast and some champagne yeast with no problems. All is well.

Sephro said:
haha

I was wondering this when I was buying all the stuff for the first time. I thought I was going to get carded... I'm used to it since I look like I'm 15 (last Rated R movie I went to I got carded lol!)
BTW I am 25. born in 1981... I think I did the math right.. :p
Don't feel so bad. I am 22 and 6'7", yet I still get carded at the movies sometimes. It has stopped recently because I always have my college ID out to get the discount.

I recall getting carded when I first bought brew supplies, but I think I may have picked up a 6 pack at the same time.

To prey, purchasing the yeast, and the ingredients is legal, mixing them together is probably even legal, but as soon as they go to work and start producing alcohol you end up on the other side of the law. I'd be careful about posting around here as I am not sure about whether it is allowed under the forum rules (since it is illegal for you).

the_bird---Prey, I think you should send a PM to makingitgood, he sounded like he had some good experience at making hooch in his bedroom and hiding it from mom and dad.. Hmm no pm yet. Ok i am only 15, and my parents dont care, lets say i have done/made other stuf

what's up makingitgood? I hope all is going well for you. I plan on just sticking with making hard cider and wine for now (stuff that doesn't involve a lot of work preparing the wort).

Awwww, isn't that cute? Maybe there can be a thread, "Underage homebrewers thread". Heck, you could make a whole separate section for it!

Walker-san said:
Of course, that's EXACTLY what this is. It's the only post from prey.

I'm just glad that THIS underaged person seems to be intelligent (proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc).

I've got no problem with a 19 year old brewing beer and drinking it. I fully intend to teach my son the trade when he's ready to go off to college. There is no better way to make money for a college freshman than producing and selling beer to the other 18 year olds at extremely high prices. :)

-walker

I hope you are joking.

Prey just tell them, they will probably be excited, and expect free beer.

Well thats how it went with mine anyways.

Back