My name is Michael, and I have a problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefMichael01

Reaction score
....I keep putting in orders for supplies/equipment after EVERY paycheck! My bank account and tiny apartment aren't appreciating this hobby. My liver probably isn't much of a fan either.

:rockin:

...you know..if you buy a big enough brew pot, you can just flip it over and use it as a shelter; then you can use all that rent money you save for more brewing expenses! :ban:

As sad as it may sound, I find comfort in knowing that Im not alone in this...
-Me

It's funny, Here in Canada, particularly in New-Brunswick, Beer and Alcohol products are so heavily taxed, that a 12pk of BMC is $20.50:mad: Kilkenny Irish cream ale or Newcaslte Brown Ale = $3 per can. I costs me about $3.40 to make AND serve a 12 pack of most of my beers.

Yet, ingredients and kits to make beer (or wine) are just that: ingredients and are non-taxable. So the way I see it, the more I brew, and drink, the more i'm sticking it to'em, and makes me feel much better:p.

And today being Friday, I'm gonna stick it to'em pretty good tonight.:drunk:

dp

-Me

You and me both. But if I pop up with another big copper or SS "goodie", the ol' "I just threw that together from old crap I had in the garage" won't cut it and I will probably be sleeping under a bridge.
Hey, has anyone had any success brewing an AG under a bridge?

I think if I saw a homeless person boiling wort over a trashcan fire, it would be the funniest thing ever.

It's funny, Here in Canada, particularly in New-Brunswick, Beer and Alcohol products are so heavily taxed, that a 12pk of BMC is $20.50:mad: Kilkenny Irish cream ale or Newcaslte Brown Ale = $3 per can. I costs me about $3.40 to make AND serve a 12 pack of most of my beers.

Yet, ingredients and kits to make beer (or wine) are just that: ingredients and are non-taxable. So the way I see it, the more I brew, and drink, the more i'm sticking it to'em, and makes me feel much better:p.

And today being Friday, I'm gonna stick it to'em pretty good tonight.:drunk:

dp

Hell, your practically making a profit the way I see it.

And if he had a pot with a hop vine growing in a shopping cart nearby... Well, that would just complete the picture :rockin:

You and me both. But if I pop up with another big copper or SS "goodie", the ol' "I just threw that together from old crap I had in the garage" won't cut it and I will probably be sleeping under a bridge.
Hey, has anyone had any success brewing an AG under a bridge?

Let me know when this day happens. Chances are Ill be there with you... Dont worry, Ill share my cardboard blanket on cold nights.
Besides, it would be cool to have a brew buddy with nothing to his name - cept a bunch of brew equipment!
-Me

only if the SWMBO finds out that you are buying new stuff and that you didnt already have it stashed away in the closet from years ago!

That's why I leave stuff in the garage for a few weeks and not brew...like my AG rig I'm building...she won't see it together for another week or two. The coolers and stuff have been in the garage for two weeks already...but not assembled...I know she sees them but has said nothing...yet?!? :confused:

-Me

No my friend...you are not!!! :D

I think if I saw a homeless person boiling wort over a trashcan fire, it would be the funniest thing ever.

Those damn homeless are like a disease here in Portland. I swear, every hobo town has at least two wort fires going at any one time. And good luck trying to hand them a BMC from your car! They'll just spit at you and fling it at your windshield, shrieking obscenities.

That's why I leave stuff in the garage for a few weeks and not brew...like my AG rig I'm building...she won't see it together for another week or two. The coolers and stuff have been in the garage for two weeks already...but not assembled...I know she sees them but has said nothing...

I think it's professional courtesy; that's how she handles the aftermath of stealth Ikea shopping frenzies.

Back