My monster deck project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, it's PT from Home Depot - no arsenic. It threw me for a loop at first too, after years of years of working with PT I had to ask like 4 different people to make sure, because to me, PT = green.

Beauty!

And I agree with Saccharomyces... though outdoor taps could be a problem considering neighborhood punks would have direct access.

I had just planned on bringing out the Sanyo when we have parties, but a 'trasherator' sounds like a damn fine idea as well.

Yup, it's PT from Home Depot - no arsenic. It threw me for a loop at first too, after years of years of working with PT I had to ask like 4 different people to make sure, because to me, PT = green.

I think you've been had. That's not PT...home depot just sold you regular pine at PT prices. God, you're such a sucker.

:p

When I built my kids' playset, I used what was labeled as "Thompsonized" deck wood from HD. It's supposed to have the copper based stuff pressure infused into the wood and then a layer of Thompson's sealer on the outside. Water certainly beaded on it for the first season and it would barely take any stain.

lol I love the thought of watching "Beerfest" in a hot tub! Nice choice of cinematography magic. Subtle and classy! LMAO

My wife is going to say "If he can build that deck, a small one in the backyard shouldnt be that hard!"

Thanks for nothing lol

Really though, freakin awesome deck

my jaw just about dropped when I saw the hot tub! Nice privacy wall for you and SWMBO if the kids are away for the night. If the grandparents were nearby I'd have them on speed dial for just this purpose!

Got it stained and sealed in time for a party this weekend.

Before:
deckstain9-6-09001.jpg

After:
deckstain9-6-09002.jpg

Two more brew days and the staining will be complete. Although it looks "camo" because I didn't use the same recipe. I will on the next deck.

I just thought it was funny. I brew in my garage or Rod's garage or Tony's garage, HELL, I've even brewed in your garage.

The wife felt like people were watching us when we were in there, so I came up with these:

Open:
deckdoors10-25-09001.jpg

halfway:
deckdoors10-25-09003.jpg

closed:
deckdoors10-25-09002.jpg

Wow - fantastic job OB! Fine craftsmanship! This thread is also making me thing that I should stain my deck. Will be an easy job since it is only 10X12 (I'm in a condo)

Back