My kids know their old man.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger_tucker

Reaction score
My kids got me kit from Northern Brewers for Fathers Day. They had both brewed a couple of batches and thought I might like to try it. Yup, I'm hooked. I've brewed probably have a dozen extract kits up to this point. I've got a Saison and a Scottish Ale conditioning right now. I built a kegerator over the holiday and kegged up a Northern Brewer Chinook IPA and Gluten Free thing I made for my wife. I'm in the process of getting my stuff together for my first all grain batch. I'm hoping to tackle that in the middle of March.

I have been a voracious reader on the matter and it's great to see all the different input from people who have been doing this for a lot longer than I have. Knowledge is power, so I'll continue to pick through what I read, analyze it and apply it against what I read from the experience here.

What a great hobby, it is the perfect mixture of art and science.

And beer. How have your brews turned out

As far as technique goes, I'd say I've made one bad beer. My first one was a bit less than stellar. It was a little bland and didn't carbonate well. My recipe selection needs a bit of work. The gluten free thing was undrinkable in my opinion (no fault of my own) but my wife really liked it. I also made a pumpkin ale that I didn't care too much for. I should have known better. I'm not a big fan of those style of beers but I made it for the fall because well, it's a fall beer. On the plus side, I've made the Chinook IPA twice, awesome both times. I'm currently sipping on an oatmeal stout that I made from a partial mash kit. It's also darn good.

Back