My hunting story this year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome story Yooper! I'm not much of a hunter, though my dad does a lot of waterfowl hunting. I do fish a lot though, and fishing for steelhead on the streams at this time of year is about as close to hunting as fishing gets. Gotta love the great outdoors!

Nice story Yoop. Got my first ever deer this weekend. 2nd time ever "hunting". First time was 12 years ago with my cousin. I just tagged along. No gun for me and we didn't see anything in the little time we were out there. 10th shell ever shot from my new-to-me 870, first bullet ever fired at a living creature and first deer I've seen while hunting.

I saw the photo on Facebook! Good job.

We had venison for dinner about the last four days, in different ways, and made 10 pounds of Italian sausage on Saturday.

Hahahaha zman! I live on 31st Ave and 30th. Used to live on Broadway and 23rd, so the high school kids would be passing me on my way to the train for work. What a coincidence.

Just come to Iowa and you can find as many field rats as you want. I remember a few years ago Iowa City hired sharpshooters just to thin out the in-town population a bit. If I remember right they killed about 3000 in one year then had them come back the next year to thin the herd a bit more. haven't seen many trophy bucks lately but there are plenty of decent sized does that could fill the freezers quick. I haven't went hunting in years but I still seem to get roped into cutting deer and drinking beer every year.

Do you guys go through an innitiation when you shoot your first animal ? Over here the new hunter gets "blooded" - blood smeared over his face. Sometimes you're made to eat the animals balls. Its an age old ritual.
Yooper - you need to hunt in Africa and shoot some big game. Let me know if you want a contact here. Its mostly "walk and stalk" over here - not much shooting from a hide.

Back