My hopsdirect order arrived extra heavy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerbeque

Reaction score
I ordered 1lb. each of 3 different whole leaf hops and each of the 1lb. bags I received weighed in at well over 20 oz. The USNB bag was over 21 oz. I'm a hoppy camper.

I love those guys! Should probably start referring to pounds ordered from them as "pounds."

Hops Direct, home of the 20oz pound. They are highly regarded at the Jass brewhaus.

I had 8 pounds shipped to B.C. Canada, and shipping was $38. Might seem like a lot, but I am overjoyed. The fact that they even ship to Canada is huge. Factor in the lack of a decent LHBS up here, and the cost of shipping is negligible, my hops still cost a fraction of what they would elsewhere. Good to hear you're happy with the order. I'm still waiting for mine. :mug:

I purchased from them for the first time a few months ago and was also pleasantly surprised to find 18oz "pounds". I will definitely be shopping them again when the time comes.

i ordered 3 lbs of different varieties one time and each bag was at least over 18oz, i'm probably due for a large buy soon, I will definitely use them

I ordered 1lb. each of 3 different whole leaf hops and each of the 1lb. bags I received weighed in at well over 20 oz. The USNB bag was over 21 oz. I'm a hoppy camper.

I don't care too much about your hops. I love your member name, "Beerbeque" > fantastic!!!

How did my 4 lbs cost me $34 for shipping and 8 lbs cost you only $38? I'm on the mainland god damnit!

I phoned last spring (when they weren't too busy to answer the phone) and asked about shipping to Canada. She told me she could do up to 9lbs in the same flat rate box. Where do you go for grain over there? Dan's?

Not to hijack the thread, but.... How do YOU repackage your leaf hops? I had an extra fun time trying to divide the hops into 1oz bags. Do you touch the hops to get it out of the big bag? Do you put them into a bowl to measure or directly into the smaller bag? Does your vacuum sealer crap out after 4 or 5 bags and need a personal moment? Do you end up covered in green leafy substance enough to worry about getting pulled over later in the day? :drunk:

I apparently missed the season to buy hops... they are out of all the kinds I want :( but are truly awesome to buy from when its in stock.

Over the years, I've never received a pound from them that actually weighed a pound. One year, all of them weighed closer to two pounds! Those guys rock, and that's why they're selling out, while another hops purveyor is on here touting black friday pricing 20% above what you can get elsewhere online.

Back