My home brewing firsts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jump_xiii

Reaction score
Just started home brewing in November, so pretty much everything is a first for me, but this week has seemed to have the edge.

I started a new job on Tuesday, back at a place I have worked before, but previously didn't realise there was a guy there that I was good friends with that is a home brewer- so I had my first home brew conversation OUT LOUD with someone other than SWMBO. Then yesterday he brought me a bottle of his home brew stout which I'm looking forward to trying this weekend- and I will of course take him a sample.

I also have an unexpected house guest staying a few days with his dog. He's a great friend stranded away from home due to weather affecting transport and my dogs are enjoying having another dog stay over. Well, this guy and I started our beer adventures together at university- I ran a bar and took him on as my assistant. He taught me to drink stout, and I taught him how to tap a real ale keg without spilling beer on your shoes. He went on to be my best man when i finally obeyed SWMBO. Of course I shared some home brew with him and (he was very polite). He said that what he expected from a first batch of home brew and the build up (or rather build DOWN) I had given it was different from the actual result.

Just thought I would share a few moments that have punctuated my relatively short home brewing journey so far, as a thanks to you guys and gals here (I know some of you are gals!) for your contribution to getting me on my way too.

Jump

Latest posts

Back