My first keg/keezer disaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotched

Reaction score
So I went to go tap my limeade today, and the picnic tap made the un-mistakable noise it makes when you've tapped your keg ...

Huh? :confused: This keg was filled with 5 gallons not less than 24 hours ago....

So then I attempt to "lift" the keg up to judge it's weight and them, and then it hits me.... My keg is an empty buoy floating in a 5 gallon pool of limeade :(

I'm still in shock and I don't understand how it happened. There were no signs of a stuck tap (I had cloth under the picnic tap that is completely dry). I had it cold and my pressure was low 9psi.... and the keg still had pressure. I'm guessing something was fouled at the liquid out post - but there are no obvious signs.

Worst part is that my keezer was relatively clean. I thought I could save it some of it. But then my 20lbs cO2 tank, with paint chips flaking off, is sitting in there with my hard limeade pool.

So now I'm drinking some of my brew (in the other keg that didn't go nutts) an drowning in my sorrows... Phantom beer karma I guess....

Back