My first brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrousjunkie

Reaction score
Well today was my very first brew day :ban: I brewed a kit from homebrew heaven, called vanilla weizen. used wyeast 3068 as well. everything well very good as well. had to brew in the garage since it was raining, which ended up turning into snow. But every thing worked out well. My OG was right on to what was listed. 1.053 with a range of 1.046-1.053. :mug:

Congratulations. Nothing like the virgin brew. Make sure to save off a 6-pack of that beer and save it for a one-year anniversary. I preserve a few bottles from all of my brews.

Get ready for a nice banana smell coming from that fermenter soon. :D

You will soon be hearing the little 'blip' 'blip' of your new-found friends at work! Congrats and you do have the itch. Now, if you can, fire up another batch soon, because your first batch will be gone before you know it.

avidhomebrewer said:
You will soon be hearing the little 'blip' 'blip' of your new-found friends at work! Congrats and you do have the itch. Now, if you can, fire up another batch soon, because your first batch will be gone before you know it.

+1 on that, brew more than you think you need. It tends to dissapear quicker than you want it to:D

Back